• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make Dummy use Aoe spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!!

I'm making a spell that damages and stuns in an area. I want it to be in two steps:
-the casting hero uses the spell on area, damaging and stunning (the easy part)
-a dummy created at this location casts a "war stomp-like" spell I made

I can't figure out how to make the dummy cast the spell once created. I've seen that I need to use a custom script, but I don't know how to make those. Is there any other way? Does someone has a link that could help me for the script?

Thanks for reading!!

First, let us know that your spell isn't Channel based(Not Channeling, the "Channel" one)

Second, Know what ability is this based(in this case, War Stomp)

Third, Know what the String name/ID of the Order the spell is based.. Spell name is enough.(This step is optional)

Then, go to your triggers, add action then find "Issue Immediate Order", it is the one with the order "Stop".Replace Stop with the War Stomp(you will see something like "Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp") and replace the Unit parameter with the dummy. Make sure that your ability doesn't have mana costs

Level 2
Thanks!! No, the first spell is based on Infernal (AoE stun & damage with no real invocation). Didnt know i could use the War Stomp to make the dummy use a War Stomp based spell!!
Thank you very much, it will help me a lot later on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.