• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make an Openable/Closable Gate

Level 3
First Tutorial - Chat Messages to Open / Close a gate

Requirements:
  • World Editor

Difficult
- Very Easy (1/10)
In this tutorial I will show you how to make a an openable / closable gate by typing -open / -close

It's quite easy, I just didn't find any tutorial showing how to make it, so I decided to make one...

Step 1 - The Gate

- First, you must build a gate anywhere you want in World Editor, after that, open Object Editor and search for the gate you placed in World Editor, then go to the gate's properties and look for "Targeted As..." and uncheck the "Debris" and check the "Invulnerable" - After that your gate is invulnerable and can't be destroyed unless you make an unit capable to attack invulnerable things...

Step 2 - The Triggers

For the Open Gate Trigger - Open your Trigger Editor, make a new trigger, and do the following:

• Open Gate
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -open as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Open (Last created destructible)
For the Close Gate Trigger - Open your trigger Editor, make a new trigger and do the following:

• Close Gate
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -close as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Close (Last created destructible)
That's all, easy isn't it?

- Second Tutorial: Coming Soon (Open / Close a gate by using a "spell") - Suggested by: TheBlooddancer

Last edited: