• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a command for door

Level 4
First you make that gate you want to have the command. Then you must make a trigger. It shall look like this when finished:

Door
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -open (name of the door you want) as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Vertical) 0000 <gen>

It doesnt have to be red who say it. It can be changed to the other ones. Just an example. This is how we close it:

Close Door
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -close (name of the door) as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Destructible - Close Demonic Gate (Vertical) 0000 <gen>

Again you can change that one who say it. good luck:cool:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This tutorial is far to under developed and contains nothing about doing it in JASS or even trigger tags.

For this tutorial to be axcepted it will need major improvement and addition of detail and extra gate fetures. As this subject is highly simple, a JASS way to do it is highly recomended which coveres an efficent way to do it in JASS.

You have 1 week to prove this is being developed or it will be graveyarded.

Level 40
I've allways found that method a pain to use. So I've made another one, which I use in my maps. Where you simply walk infront of the door and it will open and close by itself in matter of seconds.
Which makes pathing fail.

I suggest you elaborate on all the possible methods for gates (some games use gatehouses, some use gate commands, some use gates which are units, etc, etc)

Level 12
I got a better way

make a region ainside the gate. Half the region out n half on the other side.

Then
-Event unit eneters region
-action open gate

-event unit leaves region
-action close gate

simple n effective 8D
u can specify what unit u want to enter so it doesent open for every unit.
This mite only work for single player games.