• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Make Gates

Level 5
Ok this is a tutorial how to make an Gate Trigger how to open and close without writing

First Run Wc3 World Editor
Open your map if you dont just making a new map, Then you open trigger editor and make two variables and name one timer and the other timer1 or something else.

Set Variable Type To Timer on both put on array and put size 1 on both and then press ok
Then you make a category named Gate or whatever make 1 trigger named ''Revive Open'' and add an Event then make the event to be Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time. Then Make An action and make it look like Destructible - Resurrect Lever 0001 <gen> with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation

Oh soz i forgot you have to Create an Lever and place it infront of the gate and place one of the back of the gate.

Then make a new trigger named open gate make an event and make it stand like this:Destructible - Lever 0001 <gen> dies: Then make an action and make it look like This:Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 0000 <gen>:

Now you have Come to the half way now we gotta make it close Make an New Trigger and name it Revive Close and then make an event and make it look like this:Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time: Then make and action and make it look like this:Destructible - Resurrect Lever 0002 <gen> with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation:

Then make a new trigger and Name it Close Gate then make an event and make it look like this:Destructible - Lever 0002 <gen> dies: then make an action and make it look like this:Destructible - Close Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 0000 <gen>:

There you go M8 (IF you Did it Right) Now you have an Open and close trigger without writing:p Hope you liked it and if you didn't understand just post under

Last edited:
Level 14
Dude?! Sorry, but you really, really need to try harder. First of all your english is horrible. Secondly your organization is horrible(use trigger wraps or at least code wraps). Sorry, but this is really, really bad.

Level 5
Dude?! Sorry, but you really, really need to try harder. First of all your english is horrible. Secondly your organization is horrible(use trigger wraps or at least code wraps). Sorry, but this is really, really bad.
Im Sorry but i admit that my english sucks but im only 12 years old and i really wanted to help sombody and everyone claims me for my bad english and for everything but could you at least try to be nice to somone that tries his best:grin: but i will try harder m8

Level 14
Look, I am not getting at you, I'm sure you're a nice guy and you did your best, I'm just saying that you really should put a little more effort in it. I know it is hard to write in english, I come from a country that barely uses English and trust me, I know it is hard, but that isn't the real problem, your format is. Every language has more or less the same writting format, a format that even a twelve year old should know. Check some other tutorials and see how they are written, then come back and edit your tutorial so that is clean and easy to read :)

Level 4
Yes, there is an actual tutorial submission forum. Read the rules for posting tutorials there.

Level 40
Try using trigger tags, they help illustrate your point a lot better.

Example:

• Hi
    • Events
      • Unit - A Unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering Unit) is a Hero Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Blademaster for Player 1 (Red at (Center of (Playable Map Area)), facing Default building facing degrees.
      • Unit - Kill (Last Created Unit)
Code:
[plain]

[trigger]Hi
    Events
        Unit - A Unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Triggering Unit) is a Hero Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Blademaster for Player 1 (Red at (Center of (Playable Map Area)), facing Default building facing degrees.
        Unit - Kill (Last Created Unit)[/trigger][/plain]

You can copy and paste triggers from the World Editor via right clicking the trigger and clicking Copy as Text.