• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Main map file could not be opened" Need solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was working on a map for a year and a half and when it was ready for release, that error appeared on my unprotected version and messed everything up before i manage to fix one major glitch.

Any solutions to this problem?

So these are the options which are not fixes for me
-Using and MPQ program
-Using backups
-Using testeditmap.w3x
-Try and use an unprotection program
-Using WE unlimited to open it

Level 5
Well it happened once to me, I remember I imported some icons and I closed world edit and opened the map again, but suddenly it tells me: "unit or level data cant be found" or something like that, thats why I dont trust icons so much now, for the solution well I dunno if none of those worked then I really dont know

Level 1
Same thing happened to me... i figured out that (if your using WE Unlimited) it doesnt correctly load cliff types, so you have to go in and manually add em. ;D, that is if model loading stops at 40/XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.