• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mad Footmen 1.10

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Use your Mad Footmening Skillz to destroy the other players. This map has plenty of secrets. Also many heroes to choose from with a wide variety of spells. 5 Races each with 6 tiers. Credits to all who made the models and to who made the Gravity Bender Spells. Also has a unit ranking system (Still in Progress) with 10 levels so far, whenever a unit kills an enemy unit, it gets more powerful.

Update 1.00
New Race, Dragonspawns, Tank race, high HP and armor, low damage. Changed around the goblin race a bit. Added me as a hero, and 2 of my friends as heroes. Check out the inn in the top-middle portion of the map.

Update 1.05:
Phoenixes now have 20 levels. Roman Soldiers have been changed into Spartans. There is now a Kick Command, Player 1 Can Type -kick (x) Without the parentheses the X is the player's number, Such as Blue is player 2, Teal is player 3, etc. The Entrances to the bases are now large enough for multiple units to move through. Dragonspawns have been made better and now cost as much as Orcs. A New Secret has been added. Do something and your Spell Tower will get "Masquerade of The Chickens"; sending out stampedes of chickens to squash your enemies.

Update 1.10:
Avalanche's Spash damage no longer effects buildings.
The Dragon Spawn's now have a percent chance to cast breath of fire on attack.
Players can no longer give gold, to stop people begging for money.

Update 1.15:
Orcs no longer cost 2 food each.
You can no longer tech in the first 5 minutes.
New Hero, Footman with Big Sword.
Archers and Marines have longer Range.
Stop time has been removed, until later versions.
You can no longer suicide.

RE: Update 1.15:
Sorry, updated 1.05 last time. Now 1.15 is on the Hive.

Keywords:
Mad, Footman, Footmen, Wars, Crazy
Contents

Mad Footmen 1.10 (Map)

Reviews
17:39, 22nd Mar 2009, Rui: This map needs A LOT of work. Bad terrain, crazy loading time for a map of this type, annoying lag spikes, awful gameplay... what else needs to be said? 1/5 (Unacceptable) rating and Rejected status. Check comments #10...

M

17:39, 22nd Mar 2009, Rui:
This map needs A LOT of work. Bad terrain, crazy loading time for a map of this type, annoying lag spikes, awful gameplay... what else needs to be said? 1/5 (Unacceptable) rating and Rejected status.
Check comments #10, #11, #12 and #13 for more detailed reviews.

Level 1
i am not a plaguriser i thought of this name first so u are the plaguriser o and this map need less stuff so so i can download it fast and host on battle net so that people will not download so slow and make me have to w8 like an hour b4 i can actually play o and by the way what is up with the killjaden timer what does it do cuz i have have always played more than an hour and nothin ever happens

Level 6
ineedaname2 yes u are i made my name 1st thats why ur ineedaname2 and im I Need a Name. Any ways I'm probably going to make a version with a smaller filesize. and about the Kiljaedin thing I made it so after an hour he spawns but i removed it and forgot to remove the timer. So the timer does nothing.

There will be a new update soon, I did a bunch of editing on my friend's laptop, and he can't host games on B.Net so I need to wait until he puts in on a disc or a flash drive, then I will submit the new Version.

Last edited:
Level 6
Well i like the map just all the items suck. they do almost no damage, and some noobs i play with just start by upgrading their base can you make a trigger for that?
Well that is because the items damage is proportionate to the heroes damage. Basically the heroes don't do much damage to start with, the items basically double their damage. And I am in the process of making a trigger for that. But it's not as easy as it looks.

Level 3
There were so many things bad about this map I didn't play it for very long, however here are some of the things I didn't like:

Cheats(In multi-player)
Team killing is allowed
Laggy when heroes are bought
Many Icons didn't display, most of them DISBTN's
Unhelpful tooltips
You can upgrade to the tier your already at.
Terrain needs work
You shouldn't have to build your spawns
Heroes should be stronger

Thats all I can remember.. I will play it again if you fix all that.

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Mad Footmen 1.10

Mad Footmen 1.10 is a footmen wars map, like many before it. It can't differ itself much from the genre, thus lacking originality.

The map contains quite some problems:

* Improper icons (A lot of green ones)
* Improper tooltips (Containing nothing)
* Poorly developed terrain (Overuse of Blizzard cliffs, void, flat)
* Contains cheats

My rating and vote is 1/5 and Rejected.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I am reviewing I need a name's "Mad Footmen", version 1.10.

The map is one of its type: you have a main building that allows you to train units, and it can be upgraded to make available new types of units. You also have the additional option to choose a hero.

My impressions on this map are negative.
First of all, it takes a lot of time to load. Then, choosing the hero creates a lag spike that lasts a few seconds. There are lots of green icons, too.
The worst is definitely the game part, though. I might have activated some strange mode, but we had 100.000 gold. You could upgrade your units lots of times in no time. The Dragonspawns had a Breath of Fire that killed everything.
I'm not even mentioning the terrain.

The game was as confusing and hard to chew as it is being for me to find words for this review.
The ones I was sure I would be typing right now... are a rating 1/5 (Unacceptable) and Rejected status.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This has to go down as one of the worst maps in history. Firstly, once the map had finished downloading it froze my PC for 30 seconds. It then took 5 minutes to load and start the game. Once it started, it lagged for atleast 15 seconds. Then there were the green icons. Whenever someone choose a hero, it lagged for 5-10 seconds. Building units was a pain as it needed a lot of micro. Almost all tooltips were broken or lacking. Red could use a cheat code to give everyone 100000 gold. the dragonspawn's flamebreath totally destroyed armies. The map then finally took 10 secs to unload. These were just what I noticed in one play, there are probably a lot more problems that I did not discover.

I did not notice a single good part that your map had over other footy maps. How you managed this is beyond me, as it is damn hard to make maps this bad.

Honestly this was a disgrace as no one can possiably be expected to play a map that lags that much and takes 5 minutes to load. Thus I give it a 1/5, as although effort was put in, it was placed incorrectly and the whole map seems flawed and broken.

I would advise totally redoing the whole map if you want it to stand a chance of being approved.

Level 6
Thank you for your "Critisisms" but thanks to the long loading times i have given up on this map and have started on a new footmen wars map. In case you haven't noticed the progress on this map is in my signature. I plan this map to be much more balanced than this map. The new one will have less content, but it will be much more fun because much more time and effort was put into making the correct things.