• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mac 3d Editor - Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have found a basic [very basic] 3D editor for the Mac. But a nice thing about it is that it is free!!

It is called Misfit Model 3D: Download the [experimental] Mac version with the click of your mouse Mac users: http://naranja.umh.es/~atg/mm3d120final.pkg.zip

you will also need this program to run the editor: http://naranja.umh.es/~atg/QtMac335-Installer-Panther.pkg.zip

The only problem is getting the files to match the programs file formats to be able to edit them. You need to convert the .MDX files to .OBJ / .MM3d / .MD2 [i think those are the more popular formats it uses.]

If anyone knows a converter that works on the Mac post here please!

Have fun!:grin:

Level 6
Question

I have found a basic [very basic] 3D editor for the Mac. But a nice thing about it is that it is free!!

It is called Misfit Model 3D: Download the [experimental] Mac version with the click of your mouse Mac users: http://naranja.umh.es/~atg/mm3d120final.pkg.zip

you will also need this program to run the editor: http://naranja.umh.es/~atg/QtMac335-Installer-Panther.pkg.zip

The only problem is getting the files to match the programs file formats to be able to edit them. You need to convert the .MDX files to .OBJ / .MM3d / .MD2 [i think those are the more popular formats it uses.]

If anyone knows a converter that works on the Mac post here please!

Have fun!:grin:

Jw, the link for the MM3d says final in it, so is it finished now? Or still a Beta?
Also, I know of a drop tool that turns your files into .Mpq archives, but not the other way.

Last edited:
Level 2
Jw, the link for the MM3d says final in it, so is it finished now? Or still a Beta?
Also, I know of a drop tool that turns your files into .Mpq archives, but not the other way.

It is not a final version I believe. It says experimental Mac OS X version on the site, http://misfitcode.com/misfitmodel3d/main.html , and it looks as if the creator plans to keep updating it.

God
its eayers to use blender to make .mdx files then use that tool
(go vista )
Most Mac user do not enjoy working with windows, however there is blender for the mac i just found out....
Here's a dl link: http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.44/blender-2.44-OSX-10.4-py2.3-i386-bz.dmg im not sure how it work, I havent got around to really testing it yet.

Thanks for looking.

Level 27
The reason why Macs don't get viruses is because not even hackers care for them.. They'd rather get something worthwhile like a Windows.
And there are viruses for Mac btw.
But anyways, Blender is supposedly the best free modeling program, though I found it difficult to use. It can export to a 3dsmax readable file, which can export to .mdx, but... not worth it in the end. Get a PC.
--donut3.5--

Level 2
The reason why Macs don't get viruses is because not even hackers care for them.. They'd rather get something worthwhile like a Windows.
And there are viruses for Mac btw.
But anyways, Blender is supposedly the best free modeling program, though I found it difficult to use. It can export to a 3dsmax readable file, which can export to .mdx, but... not worth it in the end. Get a PC.
--donut3.5--

Lol, true all true, donut. Windows IS a lot easier to hack into though lets be honest.

Anyway lets get back on topic here, we can argue about OS's later...

Blender is INCREDIBLY hard to learn much less use. We will just have to wait till a decent War3 editor is ported to OS X.:sad:

But on the brighter side we have the awesome Hive community to share their wickedly awesome models with all of us Mac users.:grin:

Level 2
you know...
i'm a nice guy
so i'm going to make a tool list
for mac useres and a tuturoal to make stuff for mac
ALL mac user must worship me after this is done

man you rule!:grin:
Awesome.:thumbs_up:
Thanks a million, Mac users will bow down to you.
btw plz include a model editor.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 15
Last edited:
Level 2
i will need you guys to get the SOURCE code for some of the tools
i am going to port them to osx
IE DanishOfDeath's obj to mdx converter
(or ill find a diffrent way to get it to work)
Update:

Let the bowing being
This is a link to Darwine a Macosx port of Wine
this will let you run the Windos WAR3 tools on your macs

Try Wings3d no annamtion though but there is a link page for some that do

(worship = rep!)

/bow /bow /bow

tank you thank you thank you!:grin::grin::grin:

Here's some rep!

Level 6
Vista is better than MAC OS X
(i'm trying to kill it GO vista and linux )

BAHHAHAHAHA!1!!!!! Have any of you sceen the Mac vs pc Commercials ( the one where its vista vs mac)

You are recieving a greeting cancel or allow?
You are pointing out Vistas flaws cancel or allow?
You are coming to a sad realization cancel or allow?

I remember going on a vista at COSTCO. ok first I open msn
" you are opening msn cancel or allow? ( with a huge paragraph xplaining what msn is)
me: allow
"you need to dl msn cancel or allow?"
me: . . . allow
"you are allowing the dl of msn cancel or allow?"
me: omg fine cancel
"you are canceling msn cancel or allow"

Level 15
and in the end they are just a bunch of tards fighting over witch is the best way to boot the os EIF(PPC acrutecture) Or BIOS(The "Pc" Acruteture)

But lunix still wins
but still i feel that this is more of a Merdives tower disscusion
and this is now just a therd to give me +rep because i saved mac usere everywhere

Darwine SF.Net hand over the rep

Status
Not open for further replies.