• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mac World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey, I just got my Macbook Pro and have been experiencing a few problems.
turns out that world editor is not so good on Mac.
Anyway what i want to know is : Can you use maps made on a regular PC (Windows) on a Mac?

The reason i ask is because i have this map that i worked on for a long time and i tried opining it on my Mac and every time i open the map it crashes and says : "Quit unexpectedly"

If you can answer me id be a much happier person :p

-thanx

Dead To The World Productions
HaDaR Ahiad HaZoNy

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The maps are stored in a platform independant way. Mac WC3 and Windows WC3 can both run the same maps.

The problem however is the Mac build of the game was never as well maintained as the windows version. Thus stupid things like terrain deformation natives will cause Mac users to go out of sync with windows users and so split from them ingame.

The Mac editor as far as I know is many many versions behind the windows version and was never as good as the windows version to start with. Considering how bad the windows version of the editor is (hundreds of ways to crash it), it is not suprizing that the mac version is near unusable.

I heard people saying that bootcamping the windows version of WE works moderatly. You should be able to download the windows version for free from battlnet 2.0 if you have wc3 attached to your account even if you brought the mac version.

Status
Not open for further replies.