• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Mac Icon Converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Hey everyone... so i recently started making icons and uploading them when i come to notice that when i upload the icon they are quite blurry.. But the (TGA) file has the best quality ... So when converting the TGA file to the program (.BLPTOOLS) located in the tools section it looses quality which in my case makes no sense..

So anyway, i made this thread because i need to know if there is ANY other program i can convert TGA or BMP images from too .BLP because this program isn't gonna cut it..

And, if there is a mac user that makes icons and can tell me a program they use to convert that would be great..

Lastly, since that program is the only "mac" version it came to my conclusion that someone needs to create a better one or take over from the existing program (BLPTOOLS)

-Cheers -__-

I tested it and it works fine.
attachment.php

attachment.php

It saved as BLP1 properly. Note that I'm running WineBottler which makes the process a lot simpler opposed to using just Wine. I simply chose the default prefix and ran it.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.4.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 5.50.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 5.50.57 PM.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 360
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 5.52.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 5.52.58 PM.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 333
Status
Not open for further replies.