• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lumbering Faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to know how upgrades can increase the rate at which a worker harvests lumber. (Such as in Island Defense's upgrades.) Increasing attack speed doesn't help. Replacing units with Berserker Upgrade only work one time. Leveling the Harvest ability through triggers don't work. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated.

Level 9
I haven't gone on the W3 editor for over a year now, but can't you use the berserker upgrade more than once?

Level 2
K first go to the object editor/abilities/special/units/harvest gold and lumber this is basicly the ability used by peons or the you click it and go to data-lumber capacity normally it is 10 but in order to boot it up make it 20 or 30 this way the worker won't have to return to the base so fast and can harvest more lumber faster then increas the damage done to the tree normally it is 1 make it 2,5,200 what ever you like.So here you go :]].

P.S Perhaps you could help me with the triggers because i don't know any thing and someone to teach me to use them will be great !! :]]

Level 13
Ok, I've got the problem that my WE is in spanish, so I can't just post and image of the done trigger.
What you have to do is get the harvest ability (from a peon or a shredder, for example) and give it levels, each level with an increased speed (which is clearly shown) compared to the one before. If you don't want the unit to destroy the tree (just as Island Defense) set the damage to 0. After that, create an upgrade with the same number of levels as the ability you modified.
Then, create a trigger that every time you research the upgrade it increases the unit's ability by one, and so increasing the gathering speed. You can increase the amount of wood the units carry too, just change the stats in the ability.
I hope that helped, if you don't understand something, PM me and I'll try to explain better.

Level 4
Ok, I've got the problem that my WE is in spanish, so I can't just post and image of the done trigger.
What you have to do is get the harvest ability (from a peon or a shredder, for example) and give it levels, each level with an increased speed (which is clearly shown) compared to the one before. If you don't want the unit to destroy the tree (just as Island Defense) set the damage to 0. After that, create an upgrade with the same number of levels as the ability you modified.
Then, create a trigger that every time you research the upgrade it increases the unit's ability by one, and so increasing the gathering speed. You can increase the amount of wood the units carry too, just change the stats in the ability.
I hope that helped, if you don't understand something, PM me and I'll try to explain better.

Leveling the ability through triggers does not work. Harvest is one of those abilities that have no effect with levels.

Level 13
Leveling the ability through triggers does not work. Harvest is one of those abilities that have no effect with levels.

It does. I though about this trigger first, and then remembered I have a hacked version of Island Defense (without the map protector) and the system it uses for the speed upgrades is the same. So it does work.

Level 4
why not? you can make 5(or more) different harvest abilities and remove them, adding the next best by triggers
That method partially works, however if a worker has chopped about 5 times, and the ability is replaced, its lumber goes back to 0 and he has to chop all of it again.

Level 13
Of course it is like that. It's a little bug, but Island Defense has it too. There is no way to go solve it.

Level 4
I found the solution to it, but thanks anyways. I've looked through a deprotected version, no triggers were involved at all. It was the upgrade, which uses "ability level bonus" to level the harvest ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.