• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Harvest Gold Bonus upgrade does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys. I have a quick question. I usually mod RPG Campaigns for hours on end, but since a bunch of my friends just got interested in playing Warcraft 3 LAN, I've started to alter Melee Maps, changing the races.

I'm trying to make an upgrade that will increase the amount of gold Craftsmen (Peasants) harvest by 5. I simply found the Improved Lumber Harvest upgrade and changed it to one level, and the Harvest Gold Bonus, but when I finish the upgrade in my Command Camp (Town Hall) the Craftsmen still only harvest 10 gold.

Does anyone know how to make the upgrade work? It's literally just a copy of the Lumber Mill's Improved Lumber Harvest upgrade, with its effect changed to Harvest Gold Bonus and one less level.

Level 25
Change it in the Harvest (Gold and Lumber) ability.

Give the ability an additional level where you increase the gold amount harvested. Next, you need to make a few triggers that give your craftsmen the new level of the ability:
- A trigger when the research is gained to give all existing craftsmen the new level
- A trigger that gives the ability level every time a new craftsman is trained

Level 1
Change it in the Harvest (Gold and Lumber) ability.

Give the ability an additional level where you increase the gold amount harvested. Next, you need to make a few triggers that give your craftsmen the new level of the ability:
- A trigger when the research is gained to give all existing craftsmen the new level
- A trigger that gives the ability level every time a new craftsman is trained

Dude, thank you. I was getting cross-eyed from going through every different harvest/gold/lumber ability. I was hoping I wouldn't need triggers (since the upgrade effect was already in the Editor, and it seemed to just be a different version of Peasants' gathering more lumber), but now that I know this, I can get this off my mind.

Thank you for the fast and helpful reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.