• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lumber Harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
A while ago I made a thread about this, but then thought I'd fixed the issue... turns out I didn't.

Is there a way I can increase lumber gained from harvesting from trees? Travel time should not be taken into account, so the Human upgrade that boosts maximum lumber carried will not suffice. What I'm looking for is to either reduce the number of times the worker needs to whack the tree or increase the rate at which he whacks the tree with a research-able upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Level 12
A while ago I made a thread about this, but then thought I'd fixed the issue... turns out I didn't.

Is there a way I can increase lumber gained from harvesting from trees? Travel time should not be taken into account, so the Human upgrade that boosts maximum lumber carried will not suffice. What I'm looking for is to either reduce the number of times the worker needs to whack the tree or increase the rate at which he whacks the tree with a research-able upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Couldn't you edit the gather ability? (I haven't looked into this, so it's just a shot in the dark)

Level 9
From what I recall of the editor (it's not on hand at the moment), you decrease the cooldown on the harvest ability and speed up the harvester's 2nd attack ability speed. The attack speed and cooldown should match. The faster this number, the quicker they harvest.

Level 10
Well, I've tried reducing the Duration (the cooldown is 0.00 by default) setting the harvester's attack speed to that of the new Duration (or, at least, the highest level's Duration) and haven't noticed any difference. I even set the Damage to Tree higher and it doesn't make them reach their max lumber carried faster.

Level 9
The default duration is 1.10, not 0. The default cooldown is 0. This value matches the peasant's 2nd attack speed.

Now that I have an editor to look at, you can increase the "Damage to Tree" data value to increase the rate. Setting it to "2" makes the peasant harvest 2 wood per chop. "3" will make it 3 wood per chop, and so on.

Level 10
IIRC I already tried that and it didn't work for whatever reason, but one second.

EDIT: Okay, that works, but when I try to change it with an Ability Level Bonus upgrade, upgrading the Harvest ability (which I gave multiple levels to) it still remains at level 1. The problem is somewhere in the upgrade, not the ability itself... unless the ability is hard-coded to only have one level or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.