• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Luck is no Excuse 0.8

Luck is no excuse!

by Spiridon

Gameplay:
This is a arena style mini-game map. To win you will have to score 100 kills. At the beginning of the game you and your opponents will spawn with a random unit. Every time your unit dies you will respawn with a new random unit.
There are also some special events and features that fresh up the gameplay. Here are some examples:
  • There are random tomes which spawn periodically on the ground. If you pick one up you will learn a random ability that you can use against your enemies.
  • Runes with random effects will spawn on the ground over time.
  • Random items with various effects will spawn on the ground.
  • Random spells are cast which will cause chaos in the arena for a set amount of time. (Like Volcano, Tornado, Stampede and etc.)

Screenshots:

Keywords:
Luck, Random, Spell, Item, Tome, Arena, Hero, Unit, Mini, Game, Rune.
Contents

Luck is no Excuse 0.8 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet00:20, 16th Nov 2013700 Luck is no Excuse (Tested Version 0.8) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D RateScorePercentLetter...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet00:20, 16th Nov 2013

194715-albums6441-picture75028.png

Luck is no Excuse (Tested Version 0.8)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The map is cool and the idea of random units being shown after a player's death is well balance. Except when a player become a critter for sure, still fighting is not the only option here for in most cases you also struggle with AoE types of spells going around the map that gives this map some replay value."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Although not so much with the map's design view it can be scored a fair grade."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful, since the map has no information on the Quest Menu going on I suggest you make one, this makes players more concern on the current map version and prevent them from getting confused with the latest changes."

Total Score: (Gameplay[x/5] + Terrain[x/5] + Management[x/5] / Total Score[15] * 50 + 50)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

Level 5
This sounds really fun but you need to improve your description. See Map Submission Rules. You can make one from scratch using BBcode key or you can try a Map Discription Templates. Also, screenshots are practically a must. See http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/how-add-screenshot-your-map-description-241054/#post2416435 if you don't know how.

Thanks for the links! I upgraded my description. Now I hope it matches the standards of hive!

Level 3
Epic map, very chaotic and funny XD
Bugs i found:
some units (i only remembered most dragons) does not have mana, but it's skill costs mana

Suggestions:
Add Tome of Protection, which add 1(or 0.5 maybe) armor (i dont know is this possible)
More players! 6-8 player IMO would be better
Maybe some non-combat consumables and scrolls?
customizable max kills
Random blizzards that can hit air units (air units are too 'free' because most random spells does not hit flying unit)

Suggestion Modes:
Weather effect mode, every random moment random weather are chosen (with no weather having the highest chance)

Maybe a shop mode? random coins will spawn and random event has a chance to spawn a shop temporarily, which sell also random item o_O

Here are a few bbcodes I like:

box
this is a box in a table.

simpletable
this is a simpletable, it gives you a table with a title bar. pretty cool.

Here is the code nonparesed for the whole thing - ya like code inside code. Like a mirror reflecting in a mirror.

[table][box=box] this is a table in a box in a table.
[box=simpletable] this is a simpletable, it gives you a table with a title bar. pretty cool.
Here is the code nonparesed for the whole thing - ya like code inside code. Like a mirror reflecting in a mirror.
[/box][/box][/table]

Also, you should really really add a screenshot!

Level 3
isn't this the same as Random Arena? and had any of you even heard of that custom map?...
random arena uses all dota hero with more player slots whereas LinE uses random creeps w/e powerups

Level 3
isn't this the same as Random Arena? and had any of you even heard of that custom map?...
random arena uses all dota hero with more player slots whereas LinE uses random creeps w/e powerups

There are a lot of "Random Arena" named map, please give link rather than just saying the name
And this map in my experience is unique because of powerup and spell item system, so it is not really same with other random arenas