• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lotr fellowship campaign interested people discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi everyone
this is something I've been wanting to make for years but never had the skills. Now I believe I am ready to take the plunge. I'm going to make a lotr campaign. I've already been planning for months with sketches and map designs. I've looked at images on the internet and movies, written scripts and made models for the main characters...however I'm having trouble with skinning...I don't know how to make one from scratch (cough).

Anyway I'm ready to attempt my dream. But I need help. This is going to be a huge project of course. If any of you are experts in your given areas, i.e. skinning, triggers, testing, I would welcome your help with open arms. I would like to get a discussion going in here, get the ideas flowing and buzzing about. Even if their negative just let me know.

Level 6
hey
i've been wanting to do a good LOTR campaign for ages as well but lack of modelling skills (and a lack of time for such a massive undertaking) prevented it from going forwards.
I thought of making both a single and multiplayer campaign. THe mutliplayer would take into account all the popular map types: AOS, CTF, Maze, Tower Defence, Hero defence, minigame. Then the singleplayer would be a normal type campaign.

I'm a fairly competent triggerer and terrainer, and i have lots of ideas about the project, so pm me and we can talk :). I'm fairly well into two LOTR maps:
"Last Alliance AOS" (recreate the battle between the last alliance and mordor; im stuck on doing the terrain but i have the basic triggers done and unit types created but not statted)
"Flight to Rivendell" (Arwen gets chased by the ringwraiths, 3rd person camera, and the trees are moving towards you: get too close and SPLAT :twisted: )

so, there it is, again, PM me if interested in my ideas.
=][= Bort

Status
Not open for further replies.