• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

lost motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
well ive had a couple maps ive been working on in my free time, but never finish any of them. it seemes pointless to me to try and create a map when all i ever see on battle net is DOTA, why would i spend so much time creating a map for wc3 when minimal people will even bother to play it, aside from the fact that sc2 will be out soon. i just seem to have lost the motivation to create maps, anyone have an opinion on this?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Everyone complain about how there's only DotA on Battle.Net, and when ever I log on there's no DotA at all. I don't get it. It's TDs, some "impossible Something", vampires? There's a bunch of random maps on there, and occasionally a "DOTA NO NOOBS -APEMSO COME NOAW" .. but in the end, most of it are custom melee games.

As for lost motivation, if your motivation to create map depend on if it's going to be "the new most popular map on BNet" or not, then I guess it's not for you.

Level 19
Everyone complain about how there's only DotA on Battle.Net, and when ever I log on there's no DotA at all. I don't get it. It's TDs, some *"impossible Something", vampires? There's a bunch of random maps on there, and occasionally a "DOTA NO NOOBS -APEMSO COME NOAW" .. but in the end, most of it are custom melee games.

As for lost motivation, if your motivation to create map depend on if it's going to be "the new most popular map on BNet" or not, then I guess it's not for you.

*Impossible Bosses, :p.

Also, meh, maybe he's on a different server?

Level 9
I've found its easy getting your motivation up when you show your works to online friends in private games and see if they like it, and if they do then it makes it much easier to get motivated to keep working on a map.

Level 27
eh... GE doesn't really impress me all that much - it doesn't really have that much more functionality then WE (some people would say because of the loss of Jass). I mean sure it has some nice things like WASD and other features but it doesn't seem like they've really revolutionized the way people will map

When one doors are closed, other are opened. Now we have new opportunities that can actually replace the old ones we lost. And its not their job to make something revolutionary, its our as moders job to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.