• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Losing server connection now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Recently I lose the connection to the server now and then.
When trying to perform certain actions, I get an error screen telling me the
connection to the server has been lost.

This occurs, for example, when:
  • Sending a PM
  • Moderating a map
  • Logging in
  • Previewing a post

This happens around every 15 minutes,
with sometimes a few within a short time period.

Refreshing the page solves the problem.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Nothing of my Internet stats have changed in the recent past
and I do not experience any problems with other sites.
I do not see a relation to my Internet provider.

It's exactly as Chaosy describes, nothing serious, but maybe something that could be mentioned a time.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
It is possible one of the adverts is behaving badly hence why only some people are affected.

The number of tracking objects Ghostery detects, is more or less random from browser to browser (please see my "Ads to not display in Pale Moon" thread). Even now, I am unable to define a clear pattern.

Fyi, please see (as attachment) the whopping number of tracking objects Ghostery detected on May, 2nd. Yep, 46. Talk about weird. But again, this is not always the case, even on the same page.

btw, same issues as Ardenian here in France. Even today, about an hour ago. But they are not related to any action in particular. I vaguely remember we did not have such issues before the successful attack against the Hive.

Browser : Pale Moon
ISP : Free (medium reputation as an ISP, fyi)
Linode status : operational, all issues solved
https://linode.statuspage.io/

Attachments

• may 2nd 2016.jpg
    may 2nd 2016.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 100

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This issue happened twice at the same day after I posted this thread, but never again after that day.
What about you, guys ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yeah, was about to edit my post, just happened again when previewing a PM.

It seems to certain times, Hive behaves differently.
Most problems I experience are located, time-wise, after the data base backup.
Another example is crashing forum index. It seems fixed now, but now and then it still crashes for me, especially in the early evening.

Level 6
Status
Not open for further replies.