• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,

I am developing game called - Loria which is tribute to classic warcraft series.
You can see some info about the game here: loriagame.com and there even is small demo to download ( currently only one mission)

To capture the charm of warcraft 2, i am looking for artists who would be able to create low poly 3d models that will be used in the game ( animations captured and polished as pixelart ).

I have seen lots of great art here so I hope you like the game and would find it interesting enough to join the project.
Oh! And the project does have budget, so it wont be all for free :)

Thank you!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I guess this would go here:
Game Development

Try not to make it a Warcraft: Orcs & Humans+ Warcraft II gameplay rip. Be original in terms of what currency/resource gathering and units are concerned.
Armies of Exigo was almost a StarCraft clone set in a Warcraft type universe. However, they did it well, as the gameplay was pretty much a Warcraft+StarCraft+other games hybrid. They really put some original or at least neat stuff there.

Level 2
In terms of gameplay it is not. There are plenty of new elements on top of classic RTS base. You can play the demo - its available to download on the website.

Graphic inspiration is strong and i do agree on that point, but calling it a ripoff is bit too strong :) There were plenty of games that introduced most of these rts concepts before warcraft and wood + gold mining just makes sense - thats a real world medieval age :)

Level 2
Well, you could even add stone. I mean, why even bother with mining wood anyway since gold could by anything, right?

Oh yeah, though dont be set on what you see. This was demo build. Proof of working concept. Gamedesign is not finished yet. There will be plenty of additions. Though when you develop new components you sort of tend to work around something that you know works well in games.

Phase of testing wild ideas and combinations is yet to come.

I dont really want to present the game as finished. its in active development and so far it was just me developing the core framework and i know there is not a huge amount of new ideas visible on the video, but thats part of why i am here assembling some team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.