• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Lore-Writer for Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, Hive!

3122431.png

MAKE AN IMAGE JUST LIKE THIS

I'm EclecticAcid. I've worked many times as a story writer and lore creator. You can see a sample of my work below.

What I am requesting - or what you are requesting - is anything containing writing. I can do: Pre-mission storylines, project lore, item and unit (including hero) flavor texts and possibly cinematic scripts.

What I can't do: Work on any map itself. I cannot trigger, terrain or create cinematics. I can however suggest ideas for your map if needed.

Arthas Menethil looked out upon the cold, distant frosts that awaited him later that day. The islands - if it could be called islands - were merely large blocks of ice floating on the shore. Some of them were more sturdy, containing trees and wildlife. But a lot of them were blank and dead.

The small ship scrapped up against the frozen shore. Sand and pebbles greeted the soldiers as they jumped off the three boats. Many peasants and even some of the more braver footmen ran up and back, to and from the seacrafts to bring in the supplies. Already, the cold was cutting into Arthas's armor and the thin clothing some of the footmen wore. But Arthas didn't shiver - he had a task to do, and his mind was set.

A thin line of dark trees were obvious off the shore. They looked unwelcoming, daring a foe to wander in and become lost, never to find light again. The captain of Arthas's guards shivered at the sight, and walked over to stand next to his leader.

"Prince Arthas!" said the soldier in surprise. Arthas Menethil turned around and glanced confused at the captain's freezing body. "Prince, it is as cold as death and you are not even shivering. What troubles you, m'lord?"

Arthas snorted and directed a few soldiers to scout the path ahead. "What troubles me? Malganis troubles me! He said he'd meet me here, and now we'll have to walk off on a wild chicken chase to find him."

"What if he's cowered off, m'lord?"

"It seems unlikely," replied Arthas and, when the captain raised his eyebrows (which was quite hard to do in the chilling frosts), spoke again: "Malganis is a dreadlord. Retreat seems to elude him. He always tries to push the fight forward. Though whether he himself is here, I cannot be sure."

A small fire had started on the shore by the peasants. Some of the soldiers who weren't out protecting the border ran in eagerly, trying to build up the fire. Soon, it became not much of a fire but a blazing bonfire. Arthas knitted his eyebrows together - that fire would be seen for miles! Malganis would have plenty of time to run away! - but he said nothing after noticing the soldiers warmth and skill creep back in.

"Hmm..." muttered Arthas. Something wasn't right, but the cold was preventing him from seeing the full picture. If Malganis was here, then ... why here? Why Northrend. Something was drawing him in, speaking to him only in unhearable whispers. But he knew it was here on this frozen wasteland ...

"M'lord!" shouted one of the guards on duty. Arthas spun around and so did a few other men to just see a gnomish gyrocopter go down in a blaze of smoke and fire. Then they heard the distant gunshots and the familiar shouting of fighting.

"Those are dwarves, captain!" said one of the soldiers. Arthas picked up his weapon and tome, then headed off into the dark forests.

"Come!" he yelled to his followers. "Everyone follow me! Those without weapons bring wood and food supplies. Let's go see what those dwarves are fighting!"

But deep down, he knew Malganis did not retreat.

*Update*: Included a sample mission background. This is a prelude text for the mission in Reign of Chaos where Arthas hunts Malganis in Northrend.

Also, just for your information, I had to put the link in to Cooltext Designs if I wanted to use it's texts :). Follow that link for all your Graphic Cooltext needs!

Sincerely, EclecticAcid (Acid)

Last edited:
Level 7
just stop begging for work if you want rep make a model or something nobody wants stories you haven't even been on that long and you expect people to want to ask for your stories

as for your sample story it sucks it doesnt even make sense when was arthas ever on a snowy island

Level 3
I'm sorry Lolzaxis, but I wasn't aware I was begging as you so rudely put it. Your arrogance clearly suggests that you shouldn't fit into the glorious members of the Hive Workshop. Why do you think it's called the Hive? A beehive - where everybody works together to get things done. You have the workers and you have the honeymakers. Just like the Hive, you have the terrainers, the triggerers and (despite what you think) you have the story writers.

Bump I guess: But are you sure there's no requests. I would love to test my literature skills before I look for project recruitment.

*EDIT*: @Daffa the Mage - I could agree, but it's the taking and enhancing of story plots that I do most of the time. Anyone can write, but some can do it better. Just like everyone is better at terraining/triggering then me :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.