• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lords at Arms Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello guys I'm remaking my old map and I'm looking for custom city tiles that will fit my other custom tiles and I think that the current ones I had doesn't fit very well with my other buildings. So if you can make some suggestions that would be great.

full

full

full

full

full

full

New:

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Level 28
Alright, your terrain looks good as it is. And I agree with you, that brick tile doesn't match very well... I'd remove the gray one completely as it is too repetitive and off-scale for such a map. I would also keep the brown/sand stone tile because it looks good and a bit less linear. So I'd place it in a more irregular way beneath the city model (resembling a star-shaped smudge of tiles) - placing it in those concentric squares the way you did are killing the brown tile's beauty! Well, that's all my opinion, obviously =P

Level 19
Thanks for the comment! I also think that the gray brick tile looks out of place and I'm looking for a replacement. I need a road-like tile that will complement with the brown brick tile. I'm planning to make the capital city in the first screenshot and I lack some inspiration for it.

Level 11
I can see you did a nice job in terrain the city, though there are few things I would like to mention about.

Screenshot 7 - The warcraft city building placement looks like mess for me...
Screenshot 10 - The spaces between those trees look pretty consistent to me

Overall it a great work, perhaps use more variation of tiles can make the landscape more appealing. :)

Level 19
@DD_legionTN I'm still hunting for tiles that would fit with what I already have.

I actually intended to make those city buildings to look un-orderly since I don't like consistent, placed buildings.
Does the trees look consistent? I don't see it like that.

Thanks for the comment!

Level 11
I actually intended to make those city buildings to look un-orderly since I don't like consistent, placed buildings.
Non-consistent is good, but not mess though, a city still should have some ordered placement buildings (looks how our real world city landscape)

Does the trees look consistent? I don't see it like that.
Well, perhaps just for me. While in game playing, I don't think it will matter much.

I'm still hunting for tiles that would fit with what I already have.
You may get some nice terrain tile from here Tob`s Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.