• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lordaeron Winter (Melee)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
This is a melee map. I modified a lot of things....

I removed a lot of trees
The river is better
The heigh is more different

Just the thing with the game data that i didn't understood (so didn't changed it)

Keywords:
Winter, Melee
Contents

Lordaeron Winter (Melee) (Map)

Reviews
13:56, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: rejected.
Level 31
Do you know you have violate rules by upload the same map twice even though there is a slight alteration over it ?
Bounty hunter2 sometimes doesn't give further detail about it because it might be to awful to be said and he doesn't want to offend the person.

Here is my review.

1) The map description was simply awful as the description just wrote "Melee map", even Blizzard Entertainment map have information about their melee map such as "This land was once... bla bla bla". Fix it.

2) Game Data Set was set at default, which mean the map version follow the current version of your WE. You should have set it to Melee [Latest Patch] because if you do not do so and your WE version was generally an old version, some unit might not be available.

3) Terrain was simply awful, all I seen was the snow tree been spam randomly accross the map. The terrain was too smooth and lack of the usage of other destructible/doodad as well.

4) Creep guarding the gold mine was inconsistent as well, I seen some gold mine was guarded by 7 creep and some by 5 creep only and yet those gold mine still generate the same amount of income and that was 12,500 gold. Some of the creep was place too close to one another, rendering it to a total 12 creep guarding 1 of the gold mine (Refer to the gold mine at 1 o'clock position.)

Not forget to mention some gold mine have 3 creep level 4 guarding it while some had only 2 creep level 3 on it.

5) Item drop was way too inbalance as well. Creep level 5 drop level 8 item ?

My vote was 1/5 and mini moderator vote was REJECT, I suggest you to view some good melee map before you make any of it in the future.

Level 18
The actual reason I didn't give you anymore feedback, was that I was too tired last night. I can write you some things you can improve in the terrain, but Septimus has said most of the other defficent stuff:

- Too flat (You need a lot of height variaton)
- Trees (Making the trees like that, makes it ugly, you need bundles of trees, not one tree at 1 square meter.)
- River (Looks very ugly, you should decrease the terrain rather then using blizzard cliifs for the river.)
- Dodoads (Needs more shrubery, rocks, northrend dodoads)

Level 5
I didn't uploaded the map twice, you read my description? This is a melee of the other map bacasue many people don't like template but i don't delete the template because maybe some people will use it. Ok, the other one is deleted and im reviewing the melee one.

Ok modified 4 of the 5 points septimus mentionned... What is the game data??

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 31
I didn't uploaded the map twice, you read my description? This is a melee of the other map bacasue many people don't like template but i don't delete the template because maybe some people will use it. Ok, the other one is deleted and im reviewing the melee one.

Even if it was template, it was still a same map. Don't you read the rules ? You can only upload the map once and only once. Making a slight alteration to it would not get it anywhere.