1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lordaeron Winter (Melee)

Submitted by vegetation
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is a melee map. I modified a lot of things....

I removed a lot of trees
The river is better
The heigh is more different

Just the thing with the game data that i didn't understood (so didn't changed it)

Keywords:
Winter, Melee
Contents

Lordaeron Winter (Melee) (Map)

Reviews
13:56, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: rejected.
  1. 13:56, 3rd Feb 2009
    Septimus: rejected.

2. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bad terrain, bad melee. I don't see this getting approved. The balance is okay, but the map just is too darn plain.

3. vegetation

vegetation

Resources:
    Resources:
    what do you mean by bad melee??

4. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The map in general. Bad melee map. You should improve the terrain a lot.

5. vegetation

vegetation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like what? What does it need, Mountains? Anyway all your posts are like that...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  6. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you know you have violate rules by upload the same map twice even though there is a slight alteration over it ?
    Bounty hunter2 sometimes doesn't give further detail about it because it might be to awful to be said and he doesn't want to offend the person.

Here is my review.

1) The map description was simply awful as the description just wrote "Melee map", even Blizzard Entertainment map have information about their melee map such as "This land was once... bla bla bla". Fix it.

2) Game Data Set was set at default, which mean the map version follow the current version of your WE. You should have set it to Melee [Latest Patch] because if you do not do so and your WE version was generally an old version, some unit might not be available.

3) Terrain was simply awful, all I seen was the snow tree been spam randomly accross the map. The terrain was too smooth and lack of the usage of other destructible/doodad as well.

4) Creep guarding the gold mine was inconsistent as well, I seen some gold mine was guarded by 7 creep and some by 5 creep only and yet those gold mine still generate the same amount of income and that was 12,500 gold. Some of the creep was place too close to one another, rendering it to a total 12 creep guarding 1 of the gold mine (Refer to the gold mine at 1 o'clock position.)

Not forget to mention some gold mine have 3 creep level 4 guarding it while some had only 2 creep level 3 on it.

5) Item drop was way too inbalance as well. Creep level 5 drop level 8 item ?

My vote was 1/5 and mini moderator vote was REJECT, I suggest you to view some good melee map before you make any of it in the future.

7. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The actual reason I didn't give you anymore feedback, was that I was too tired last night. I can write you some things you can improve in the terrain, but Septimus has said most of the other defficent stuff:

- Too flat (You need a lot of height variaton)
    - Trees (Making the trees like that, makes it ugly, you need bundles of trees, not one tree at 1 square meter.)
    - River (Looks very ugly, you should decrease the terrain rather then using blizzard cliifs for the river.)
    - Dodoads (Needs more shrubery, rocks, northrend dodoads)

8. vegetation

vegetation

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't uploaded the map twice, you read my description? This is a melee of the other map bacasue many people don't like template but i don't delete the template because maybe some people will use it. Ok, the other one is deleted and im reviewing the melee one.

Ok modified 4 of the 5 points septimus mentionned... What is the game data??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
  9. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Even if it was template, it was still a same map. Don't you read the rules ? You can only upload the map once and only once. Making a slight alteration to it would not get it anywhere.

10. vegetation

vegetation

Resources:
    Resources:
    So what's the point of doing a template then??

11. Grave_Digger_

Grave_Digger_

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ehh, Uhhm. First of all, it looks very empty. Well some randomly placed trees are better then no trees but... I don't know how to say this right. And you shouldn't use humans as neutral hostile units.