• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lordaeron Summer Tree #0 (Beta)

exlr.gif

WarCraft III Beta - Lordaeron Summer Tree (Variation 0)
Extracted by Genin32, Author is Blizzard Entertainment.
My WarCraft III Alpha 1999 Project

This tree is showed in this screenshot of Beta gameplay.

92.jpg
insidemac4.jpg

Fixed Wood Texture

Keywords:
Lordaeron, Summer, Tree, Beta, Blizzard, Entertainment, Alpha, Lordaeron Summer, Tree Beta, Old, Official.
Contents

Lordaeron Summer Tree #0 (Beta) (Model)

Reviews
20:25, 31st Jan 2014 Kwaliti: Approved and attached to Blizzard Entertainment.

M

20:25, 31st Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

Approved and attached to Blizzard Entertainment.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I did; please don't assume that I didn't but that doesn't mean edits can't be made. How many trees do you know that are green all over wooden trunk included?

You made it easy for me to assume that you did not. This may not be so off-topic discussion but the tree trunk appearing green is not uncommon given large amount of moss may grow on the bark itself, plus it´s blizzards own mdl. True it´s a beta model and it was discarded for a "better" mdl but that doesn´t mean that genin32 has to fix the trunk or even if he has the knowledge to do so. Has it is said in the title, this is a variation 0 so there may be brown tree trunks.
On a final note, it is quite awesome to see someone having access to beta models doodads so why not upload it as is?

I can accept moss growth but perhaps a bit of brown would be nice for realism's sake. If he himself didn't know how to do it he could've sought out help on this very website but that's taking a stretch.

Either way as useful or novelty as it may be I still think it's a little out of place like that.

Much better now. I think this tree model fits the WoW pine representation better. 5/5 from me due to their being no new improvements to be made other than higher poly/resolution but that would be personal preference.

Also though before I rate it could you add more variations?

Now with the new variations my rating has been added.

Excuse me, genin32,

It has come to my attention that you, like some others, are able to pull-up BETA Mods. I would like to request a favor from you.
I recall finding a Lordaeron Fall version of the uploaded BETA tree walls, as well as a kind of catapult that featured an orc pushing it, in one of the BETA snapshots for WarCraft III. Perhaps you can find those Mods for me?
I snapshot a photograph from the back sheet of an old-fashioned WarCraft III Poster and placed it under attachments.
IMAG0053.jpg
I hope you pull up those mods for me. Thx!! :ogre_haosis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vines and Minotaurs BETA

Also, I have another image of an assailed <Player 2> Human base featuring a "Vines" tile-set in Sunken Ruins for the Frozen Throne. The tile-set is in the middle of the snapshot. I also found an image of Blizzard's Minotaur from the "early days of WarCraft III".
The images are under Attachments.
If you want to know more about this info, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks again!!:ogre_datass:

Attachments

• 86465-800.jpg
    86465-800.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 185px-Minotaur.jpg
    185px-Minotaur.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 250
Last edited by a moderator:
When I did this it shows just fine in editor, but in game the models do not display. Any thoughts if you're still around?

Model File - Has Lightweight Model must not be checked. If so, turn it off.

You can find that option in your object editor > your destructible.