• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lordaeron Shandris

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Lordaeron human version of Night Elf demi-hero Shandris. Feel free to comment whatever you want, it's my first time to create a classic skin.
Contents

Lordaeron Female Archer Portrait (Icon)

Lordaeron Shandris (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
Hey Superfrycook I'm glad you've decided to join the realm of Classic Texturing from HD modelling by creating a skin for Sylvanas which turns her into a Lordaeron Elven Ranger which is pretty cool, the Ranger texture is usually a good one to start off...
Shido
First off, my apology to the first review due to the forget to take account of your first skin. It seem too harsh to think this resource too subpar for U/S rating but I go ahead give it another shot on a much lower standard. To be clear, you might as...
Level 31
Never thought I be voting a skin to Lacking if this attempt isn't trying to improve or innovate anything clear. Not only that, The icon look horrible that you might as well don't even make it, TC hood save effort importing another one.

Shandris look pale for a human skin, even the hair color doesn't match her icon. The cloak seem to be technical error, either he forget to turn off duplicate layer or intentionally.

Most importantly, her clothing doesn't scream Lordaeron to me. That icon placement is also a bad spot because it is behind the quiver, which you can't even see fully in base point of view.

I hate to say this but this skin need to be better for me to say this is at least Useful/Simple.

Edit: Decided not to push this skin to Lacking due to not violating anything, it's just plain bad.

Edit 2: I decided to rewrite another review post, it's not fair for the new boy came in the skin section.

Last edited:
Level 11
A human Ranger!?, that's new. And the icon color could refer from the lore color of Blue and White of Lordaeron so maybe that's it. Well anyway nice skin man 👍.

Hey Superfrycook I'm glad you've decided to join the realm of Classic Texturing from HD modelling by creating a skin for Sylvanas which turns her into a Lordaeron Elven Ranger which is pretty cool, the Ranger texture is usually a good one to start off with.

The Good:
So from what I can see you have attempted a wee bit of free-hand on the arm and generally the texture does look more like it would fit in besides a footman with the silver and greys and paler skin. Things like tribal tattoos don't really fit with Lordaeron so adding sleeves was a good choice.

Areas for Improvement:
Unfortunately there isn't any other freehand other than the arm, perhaps you could consider adding more to it :) I wouldn't start off trying to free hand everything but even if you managed the whole body section that would be a good start, and from there work onto harder sections, once you get metal and cloth down, try hair and then after you get hair try skin and wood. That's my recommendation. As it stands most of the skin is either CnP or desaturation which are useful tools but ideally I'd recommend learning freehand to create High Quality skins for your own use and others.

Conclusion:
It's always good to see new people try their hand at texturing in Classic but in this case I'd say it has a great concept which just needs some more work to improve the overall quality and use. Get some more freehand in there and I'm eager to see you learn and improve over time but for now this would be a 2/5 Useful, but Simple.

Level 31
First off, my apology to the first review due to the forget to take account of your first skin. It seem too harsh to think this resource too subpar for U/S rating but I go ahead give it another shot on a much lower standard.

To be clear, you might as well recolor base sylvannas icon with a tool rather a paintbrush.

For the skin itself, let me point out that shandris model is primary TC on the cloak so you choose the one that has a hard time of executed it rightly. The cloak also seem to be duplicated error because the shadow in that thing is doubled than the original. That's why in the first post I point out possibly technical error but it's not the worst.

The removal of the ear is a good call but shandris skin need more saturation, she is currently a bit pale so a hint of sat adjustment. For a place like Lordaeron where anyone have a decent amount of armor, she may need one like on the chest.

That being said, I say the model is too hard for you and I can't blame you about this. However this skin is only as good as Useful/Simple but I genuinely believe that you can do better for the next skin.

I go ahead vote as 3 (a bit better than footman :xxd:).