• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Improved Knight with shield

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hello!
I know there were some other uploads of knights with shields, but they appear to have some issues both in animations and how the shield is set
Slight animation changes so that the shield will not collide with the body of the rider.

Improvement:
  • Repaired original knight issues
The default knight has issues with it's Cinematic Standard animation (hand is clipping hard)
  • Slight changes to the armor of the rider and horse
Used same pauldron on both sides and gave him a different armor piece on the chest center
  • Added custom helmet
  • Added a Shield instead of the sword
1 version with Footman Shield
1 version with custom Lordaeron Shield
  • Sword attack was set to Spell 1
  • Added the sword as a sheated weapon for immersion
Credits:
  • Thank you to Mr Ogre man for the amazing helmet idea.
  • Thank you to Shichuan Wang for the original model idea.
  • Thank you to Barorque for the Lodaeron Shield textures.
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.
Previews
Contents

Mounted Knight with Footman Shield (Model)

Mounted Knight with Footman Shield portrait (Model)

Mounted Knight with Lordaeron Shield (Model)

Mounted Knight with Lordaeron Shield portrait (Model)

MountedKnightShield Icons (Icon)

Level 12
great model ,but if theres some thing i lent from Tyrion is that even shield can by used as a wepone so mabe consider using the second attck animention for the left arm with the shield 🙂.
("for Lordaeron and the alliance")

Level 12
For the update I added that as a spell 1 if anione 1 to give him a shield slam
oh cool idea , but i dunt understand you updeated it or will updeat becuas i dont see spell 1 in tge viewer ,
sorry i am dumb 😅

Level 3
Cool model but i need some help: After importing the model and all the textures (I followed the Readme guide) I closed the editor and reopened it to see if the textures loaded. My problem now is that the editor doesn't open the map anymore, it loads it and then crashes, any suggestion to solve the problem?

Level 36
Cool model but i need some help: After importing the model and all the textures (I followed the Readme guide) I closed the editor and reopened it to see if the textures loaded. My problem now is that the editor doesn't open the map anymore, it loads it and then crashes, any suggestion to solve the problem?
This is a suggestion for any map you make or work on. SAVE THEM AS FOLDER. ;)

Your issue happens with any model team units. If any team units is on the map when saving the map and load it again, it crashes. Make sure all units is team 12 colur (wich treat it as creep units) and have triggers turn them wanted player owned on starting game.

Level 3
This is a suggestion for any map you make or work on. SAVE THEM AS FOLDER. ;)
Your issue happens with any model team units. If any team units is on the map when saving the map and load it again, it crashes. Make sure all units is team 12 colur (wich treat it as creep units) and have triggers turn them wanted player owned on starting game.
thank you for your suggestion. But what about my map ? Is it lost forever ?