• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lord Of The Rings Tower Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Well, I've been working on this for the last little while because I have been unsatisfied with the current LOTR Mauls and there are no LOTR TD's to my knowledge. I tried to create a unique terrain and pathing setup, there will be 15 races (somewhere around there), obviously not all of them will be completed for the beta release. I've designed 32 levels with air, bosses and seige, with more levels to be added as I continue on with the versions. Compatible with 9 players, everyone gets a spawn, except grey, but then grey is the last defender, and two spawns go directly to grey anyway, so i'm sure that shouldn't be a problem. I'm adding as many custom icons, skins and models as I can, and i'm on the prowel for some custom sounds. I took a ton of skisn directly out of RingWars, which is great, because they are really high quality. A couple of other buildings I got as well as a STUNNING model for Sauron from WC3sear.ch courtesy of OlafMoleman, that amazing modeller guy. The map isn't currently ready for testing yet (a lot of the trigger systems haven't been done yet), but I'll upload the map later to see if I can get one problem fixed: the race menu. As i posted my problem with that elsewhere, you mightr wanna go there to check the problem in detail, but here i'll reiterate it in brief: my WE doesn't like the condition map init or 0.01 seconds in game, so it wont display the race menu when the game starts. i can get it to work when a player types a command, however IE player 1 types -menu and the race menu appears. If anyone can fix this and reupload it for me, i'l make sure to give you thanks on the loading screen;)

I can't attach the map right now as I am at school, but I will when I get home.

Well, tell me what you think. ANY feedback is good feedback for me, because I can either bask in the glory of your praise or learn from your constructive critism. I can also laugh at your flames;)

Level 18
Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise, brad.dude03. If you make it so the host has to type something for the race menu to appear then that would allow the players to devise strategies and that sort of thing, perhaps you should just try it that way for the first few versions and see if anyone likes it like that.

Level 36
exactly, thats why my plan is to create a trigger system like so:
1) host types -menu (how would you set it for host player, need to know)
2) checks which players are in game
3) displays race menu for all players in game
4) waits until every player has selected a race
5) starts 60 second timer until level 1 starts

I'll be releasing a closed beta soon, once I get the basic trigger systems done and some races working.

Level 36
well thats what I was thinking. see in the beginning you would have it so when one player typed it, every player would see the menu. Once everyone had selected their race, the timer would begin, giving 1 minute to build their maze etcetc. a different text command would also have the same effect, except it would open it up for the triggeirng player. I would have this so that when players go to choose a bonus race, they could open up the menu and choose which one they would like. the initial races will cost 1 food, and the bonus races will cost 1 and 2 lumber. this would mae it so that I could keep the bonus races on the main meu to give everyone a taste, but it would prevent the bonus races from being had from the start, which would severely unbalance the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.