• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Campaign Editor Problem of 5 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello! I have been a die-hard Warcraft player/editor for quite a while, since the release of Warcraft 3. I've done many things in the World Editor but the one thing that I can never get to work is the campaign editor, and I see absolutely no reason why it won't work.

It's such a stupid problem that I have not been able to find the answer to for five years and I KNOW it will be a really dumb and simple solution.

The problem is with the actual campaign appearing in my custom campaigns list. What I do to test is I make a custom campaign, titled Test, and I'll stick any random single player map into the campaign. I'll give it a button and everything, but the problem isn't in the campaign menu. What actually happens is that there is NO CAMPAIGN TO CLICK ON when I go to the Custom Campaign menu in-game.

Can somebody please help me solve my plight of 5 years? :(

Level 1
Yeah, it's there. If that was the problem I was about ready to throw myself off of a bridge.

Edit: Something just caught my eye (yeah, after this long). There are little lock icons on the corners of my test campaigns, that seems significant. Don't know what they are though.

Level 1
I definitely think it's a problem with this lock thing. Like it's being locked out of being used by anything by the World Editor.
The first image is when I try to open the test campaign in World Editor.
The second is when I try to upload it as an attachment. It isn't there either.

Could it be something to do with Windows 7?

Also, I changed the player properties to a single player yesterday before posting this so I know it's not that.

Edit: I've now noticed that anything I make in the World Editor and save in the Warcraft 3 folder has the little lock icon on it. Individual maps included.

Edit: OH LAWD. I fixed it. I copy pasted the whole Warcraft 3 folder to my desktop and now everything is working. Something about it being in my program files was not allowing the game or anything to access the maps. I'm sure there's an option somewhere on my computer that would allow the original folder to work but oh well, this is good.
Thanks for the help though, guys!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.