• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for serious terrain-er for ORPGish map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am looking for a terrain-er for a project i am beginning to work on and plan to finish as long as i have a steady terrain-er. The map is going to be something like those very old ORPGs with the kingdoms and freelancers only that diplomacy is going to be set and there's is going to be A LOT new elements thrown into this game, i will get to those later. As far as the teams go there will be two teams. One person on each team will be the kingdom builder/resource manager/unit manager which will also get a special Leader/King hero. There will be 5 other people on each team which will only control heroes (or units that are given to them to control by the leader). The resource system used in this map will be the same used in regular wc3, gold mines. Only leaders can obtain gold from gold mines and there will be many throughout the map. All heroes will be custom made and there will be a variety of "freelancer' heroes available and more will be added in later content updates. There will be dungeon/instances/bosses in the game only Heroes will be able to access/battle to obtain relics and powerful items, but these will be challenging and require teamwork and good use of each heroes' mechanics. The basic object of the game is for freelancers to become powerful and help their empire become powerful to at some point defeat the other empire by fulfilling a special win condition(kill empires main base maybe? still deciding).

I myself am a very heavy vJasser, in fact all my maps coding is done in pure vJass. So you know there will be a lot of new interesting spells/abilities in this map and any custom game-mechanics will be efficiently and easily added to the game. I have not come up with a solid story for this map but perhaps the terrain-er i am looking for will be interested in contributing to that as well.

The map is going to be pretty big. I mean its going be bigger than an epic map but not all of it is going to have to be completely terrained because there will need to be room (on the outskirts of the 'world' for dungeons/instances.) I plan for the 'world' this map scenario is going to take place on to consist of about 2-3 solid continents with some islands off to the side (most likely for dungeons/bosses/relics etc.) I need the person who is going to be terraining this map to be serious and possibly have solid experiencing terraining a map this big -- i know it's going to be quite some work. I have no set way i want this terrain to look, i want the person who is going to be terraining this to have fun with it and be able to use their own creativity. However, the person will need to have the mind set while terraining it that there are going to be crowds of units running along it (so there cant be too many tight places for movement), that there are gona be creep camps placed in a lot of areas, that there are gona be bases and fortifications set up in the world and the terrain will need to built with space for these things in mind.

Please private message me or contact me on xfire(my xfire is honeymustard) if you're interested in terraining this project. Please include your experience as a terrainer, possibly some screenshots, and links to any maps you have terrained previously. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you to construct this ORPG/modified melee-ish experience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.