• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for people to test a full screen inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello there, I tested it and had some bugs

- in middle of map seems to be the inventory created, because when units are in middle when I use it, I can see the units in my inventory system

- when I use inventory system, my unit cant move/attack (what is ok), but can still be attacked by other units

- once I had a bug After inventory system that I cant select anymore. I had to re-open and close inventory again

- I had a weird bug with my stats. I played around with switching swords and shield, and suddenly all my stats were given a negative bonus when I removed my sword. So my hero was weaker than before, even I removed all items again.

I saved replay, because cant explain so good by myself when these bugs came.

Edit: Sorry if this is maybe a bit outdated, I ve seen this thread by a random, and didnt recognize the date :razz:

Attachments

• fsi test.w3g
    36.3 KB · Views: 37
Level 37
- in middle of map seems to be the inventory created, because when units are in middle when I use it, I can see the units in my inventory system

The inventory should be created somewhere where units can not go to. There is no workaround for that. So this is not really a bug. The test map is so small there is no such space.

- when I use inventory system, my unit cant move/attack (what is ok), but can still be attacked by other units

This is a design choise, not a bug. How would you rather have it? I can not make the unit invulnerable when browsing inventory.

- once I had a bug After inventory system that I cant select anymore. I had to re-open and close inventory again

if I remember correctly, it is because you exited with ESC and not with the menu button. It can get "desynced" that way. The ESC is just for testing purposes and not part of the system, so this is not a bug.

- I had a weird bug with my stats. I played around with switching swords and shield, and suddenly all my stats were given a negative bonus when I removed my sword. So my hero was weaker than before, even I removed all items again.

Now this is a bug. Many thanks for the replay, I'll have to analyze what is wrong and when does the bug happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.