• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Nuke Sound Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've been looking on the internet for quite some time now trying to find a good nuke sound effect to go with WILL THE ALMIGHTY's Nuclear Explosion.

I wanted to use the Nuke sound effect from Command and Conquer Generals but I can't find a MP3, Wav, or Youtube of one with out the background music and/or poor quailty.

Was wondering if anyone knew where to get a good nuclear explosion sound effect, or if they had one lying around they could post. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 5
Are you really trying to do a "nuke" effect, or just a big explosion? You could do a fade-to-white, create the nuke special effect when the terrain fades back in, and then trigger a delayed bang (since anyone who lives long enough to hear a nuclear explosion is at a considerable distance from it). Just something to think about.

EDIT: That video was of 57 megatons. Delayed big bang, lots of reverb...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There is no nuke sound effect in games because the hardware and laws prevent one from being implimented. Same goes with the nuke graphics.

Real nuke graphics would blind the viewer and nuke sound would deffen the viewer due to the extreem energies involved with atomic reactions.

You can however use certain frequencies of softened sound (that is what was recorded with old atomic tests) or make a very bright explosion (saturates white) to give an idea of an atomic explosion.

Do note that modern atomic devices like gigaton bombs have never been tested so there is no real soundeffects or graphics to accompany them.

Any realy big explosion sound with lots of eccho and some distortion would probably do. No one knows how a nuke should sound anyway thankfully as not many people who do would be alive.

Level 9
well, i finally found it in generals itself, by listening to... ouch, 1042 sounds. and THAT sound too. enjoy.

Thanks for finding it, It means a lot I'll check it out in a few minutes. Also try not to double post, just edit your old post instead.

@DrSuperGood Not sure if its considered necro-posting to comment on an old thread post but your post makes next to no sense at all.

Nukes have been in hundreds of games, Starcraft and Command and Conquer General to name a few.

Granted they are more stereo typical than anything they are still Nukes, and Nukes have become a symbol of our modern times, like it or not.

Regards,

Jake

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Those are artistic interpretations of what a nuke could sound like. The forces involved in an atomic explosion are so emmense that a realistic reconstruction for interactive display would be foolish to attempt.

In empire earth nukes had a loud hissing sound and long rumble.
In StarCraft II nukes are nothing more than a slightly louder explosion that has a rumble afterwards.

A nuke can be whatever you want it to be. In a FPS you could make it cause a loud buzzing noise instead as a nuke in reality would impair the hearing of distant people (especially modern ones).

You however can not use sounds exported from non-blizzard games in WarCraft III or StarCraft II as it violates interlectual property rights (and thus the resources containing them can not be approved on this site).

Status
Not open for further replies.