• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for helpers\joiners, Touhou ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello. Firstly, what is touhou? its a jap gameseries (look in google for more info), with huge world "gensokyo" filled with asian folklore creatures(as fairys, demons, ghosts, spirits etc etc etc), and many personal characters. Who allready heard about touhou i guess understood situation.

What i use? Im not fully recopy gameseries (coz its simply impossible and useless, also to be honest they are not that awesome to play haha). I just use it's world with most of characters as bosses or npc. But only as basement, many custom will be added . Players will use custom heros and travel inside of gensokyo world.

Current workers.
Meh objects + trigger spells.
WildField - jasser (looks like his current work done)
- english corrector
Rakdos,Defiler - terrain

Again need someone who can make multiquest system

Few words about map.
Max level ... well at least it would be 100.
Spell system is same as defiance orpg (however you can see all spells from start) - you get spell book at start and it increases with levels, provides more spells.
+ extra spellbook for "spellcards". You killing bossmonster and gain powerful spellcard with low chance drop (usually attack or buff spell). When you activate it, it adds in your second spellbook. (isnt done yet at all)
Pet system (i guess it would be like quest - reward, controllable system, hasnt done yet at all..)
Many of attack\heal spells use attribute points as base multiplier for damage\heal amount.

Attribute points recives with every level.

Thanks for reading. I also would like to hear your opinions and wishes about this.
You can contact me thought icq 223433565

Sorry for my bad english. :)

Last edited:
Level 8
There is a Save/Load code that is easly adjustable at this site for some fixed things like amount of gold, hero, and items thats basically about it but I am going to try and modify it for alot of things if I make it useful I will send you a copy. I plan on trying to add things like a lot of custom values, researchs, etc.

Level 2
Allright, then thank you, i'll be waiting for it.

Also uploaded new version (yeah i still belive i could find some1 interesting) in previous post.

Level 11
i can do the finishing terrain like adding specific doodads fix it up make it look nice, but i don't have the time to do the trees, tiles, raise and lower terrain things.

Level 2
Rakdos,Defiler
yap,thats what i need, then i finish basic terrain as soon as possible and contact with you, also you can check last version to see current terrain

also, required triggerer who can make multiquest system.

Last edited:
Level 2
in my opinion max lvl60 is too common and easy to get. oh well whats the problem with lvl?

Level 11
I know this guy has 8 posts and 0 rep, and has a somewhat cleche' RPG on paper,... or post. But I'm prety sure you guys havn't bothered to open the map, and i'm working on the finishing terrain on like 7 areas atm, and i've checked out heroes spells and what not, and hes not like just gonna make a shit RPG and abandon it, it's obvious that he want's to finish this with lots of effort. I applaud him on the effort, by the way afftor, what do you mean by multiquest, I know a decent amount of GUI and may be able to help with that also.

What void means, i kinda agree level cap should be level 60 not much more, but probly less. All you do is decrease the amount of exp gained by kills and it will be more challenging to reach it. I hate those maps where you cap out at 150, well my fav rpgs is where like every 30 levels you get a new hero, but this isn't one of them types lol.

Level 2
Well by multiquests i mean good quest system, where you take some of quests any time, then finish them alone or in party. So basicly they have to be repeatable, not shared (like in tbr where when 1 finish quest all take exp even who never reachd it) and support many players.
Right now someone finishing saveload system and maybe we remake spells and itemsystem.

About max lvl.. well right now all what related to heros is unstable so anything could have change, but i have a lot of doubts about level, so no comments about change\stay right now.

Oh yeah and i going to make pet system in the end

Level 11
wouldn't resetting up quests be extremely easy? just respawn quest npcs or what not, and reset the triggers.

well have fun wit the spells, i hate doing them even on my maps, so repetitive and boring. But designing them is fun.

Level 2
wouldn't resetting up quests be extremely easy? just respawn quest npcs or what not, and reset the triggers.
well yeah, for me most bothering part is make quests properly work for all players in diffrent time

Level 9
Hi!
If for you making abilities are also repetitive and boring as Rakdos said, then I can make them for you. All custom abilities, I work well on GUI and I'm learning JASS. You want an evidence if I'm good or not? ask me for my last custom spell that I created.
If you want my help, you must know that I work with the following rule:
-Give me a set of abilities, design for yourself or give me the theme of the hero, and then within 7/8 days later I'll give you the abilities.

One hint: post in the first post the name of people that are helping you, so you don't forget who're them. Good Work

Level 6
Well if you still need someone to correct any bad english, just tell me. I could work with you on making what you really want to say more readable.

Level 6
Dictionary.com's definition of the word "readable"

read·a·ble
–adjective 1. easy or interesting to read.
2. capable of being read; legible: readable handwriting.
3. pertaining to letter mail with addresses and zip codes capable of being read by optical scanning devices.

Please investigate further before you troll.

Level 2
Allright, we addes saveload system and remade itemsystem (spell system got some changes too). Now i totaly stucked at spells\heroes\mobs\etc, so i need jasser\gui user who can make good questsystem for multiplayer (yeah again). I hope i'll upload map tommorow or sunday. Guess soon we'll need alphatesters hehe

Level 2
here's last version, well things right now messed up (like skills doesnt increase with levels, items didnt registered etc), so it more like wildfield forced me to upload it <_< . Watch previous post if you want help.

Attachments

• Touhou_ORPG_0.01.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Level 11
offtopic sorry, WildField, may I ask how you are learning jass? I'd like to get into it and no one has really been a help except tell me "join the school" which i've tried and applications been in for 3 months.

Level 3
You need a somekind of talent. For me,4 months ago i was only an average triggerer. Read the articles to get basics of Jass, then try not to use triggers but use Jass. Also you can dl The Jass New Gen, it was really helpful. Also i can advise you to read posts about problems in Jass...

Level 3
Hmm i dont know if you still need people but if you need: icq:

381923142 Im good in Creating Items and Bosses/Creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.