• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for help on making SpellWars custom map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
TLTR:

-Looking for experienced World Editor master to help out with custom map.
-Map is 1v1 simplified moba/td where you control wizard and can only cast Spells to defeat enemy.
-If game becomes popular in WC3 Remaster plan is to make it Game Engine.

BIO:

Heya! I am huge WC3 custom maps fan. Played a lot of them and some of my favorite are Castle Fight, Dota, Elemental Tower Defense, X hero siege etc...
I am working as a Visual Effects Artist in gaming industry but this is passion project for me.
This Idea was inspired by Castle Fight map but instead of focus being on building units you are casting spells.
I was working on this game at my previous company and saw huge potential in bringing Competitive gaming to mobile for 1v1 quick games. However company didnt get the number it was expecting from casual players so they decided to clone some other game and this game was lost to me. I am passionate gamer and I think this game has a chance to become big. Since I am not experienced in coding for me the smartest way to make this is to use WC3 World Builder and that is why I am here.

INFO:

I am looking for someone with World Editor experience to help me out make a custom map. This is side project for me but I want to make it before Reforge come so its ready to be played when Reforge is out. I just started using the World Editor and its really powerful but I am not experienced with coding and some stuff I am trying to make would require someone with exp in making custom stuff.

The Map is relatively simple but has a lot of depth: Its 1v1 (line defender) where you cant control units that are being spawned (similar to MOBA) and you have a Hero that you cant move but all you can do is cast spells to change the tides of the battlefield. Before starting the game you select the Wizard that has 1 passive special ability and then you take X number of spells. Those spells are like a cards in CCG games. They shuffle and in any given moment you can cast 1 of 4 spells that you have. Each spell is connected to your passive ability helping you out do combos with spells. Depending on Hero you select some of them will better support your units and some will bring destruction to the enemy troops. Units are spawning from the "spawn points - spawners" You start with some and earn gold to activate others.
I am planning on having around 50 spells per wizard and all of them totally different. That way you would have a lot of customization and ways to play.
Here is a layout of how map looks. 1v1, 2 wizards, 4 towers, 6 spawns per player. 1 winner!
Whoever loves to outsmart enemy in 1v1 combat and is up for a challenge can MP me.

DhFHJZe

Cheers,

Level 2
Ohh didnt know there is that section. I posted there but dont know how to delete this one. Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.