• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Looking for help for my trigger problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For the most part my trigger works. I'm using 2 seperate triggers for the damage and the mana drain part. First off my spell is based off of Channel to give me the AOE target cursor. What my spell does is create two dummy units at the target point of my ability.

The first dummy unit casts a spell based off of Thunder Clap, that part works the damage is dealt, and the unit is deleted 2 seconds later.

The second dummy unit is suppose to cast a spell based off Rejuvenation, however the values are set to negative integers so it drains mana.

Now the trigger works perfectly... except for one minor issue my second dummy unit is only created once and it only casts the rejuvenation based spell once then is deleted 2 seconds later. What I want to happen is I want a dummy unit to be created for every unit picked in the unit group that is an enemy of my casting unit. Here is my trigger.

Arcane Vortex Mana Drain
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Arcane Vortex
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Arcane Vortex (Mana Drain) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees
Unit - Set level of Arcane Vortex (Mana Drain) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Arcane Vortex for (Casting unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Rejuvenation (Picked unit)
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ControlMagic\ControlMagicTarget.mdl
Wait 5.00 game-time seconds
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

I really don't know what else to do, I tried using a loop function and run it say 20 times so 20 units would be created, however that doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.