• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to make a spell that when cast, will stun the target for 2 seconds. I have a dummy unit and a firebolt item that must be given to the dummy to cast the bolt. Can someone tell me what's wrong with my trigger?

Edit: SOLVED!

• Draining Blow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Draining Blow
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees
      • Hero - Create Stun (2 sec - item) and give it to (Last created unit)
      • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Picked item) on (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Last edited:
Level 2
I'm glad you solved it but may I suggest that next time you use a Dummy Ability, meaning you edit the Firebolt spell to only have a 2 second stun and you'd do:

• Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Your Spell)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Castin unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Firebolt (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.