• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Few types of people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need help with this game

I got a brand new idea for a game. But I got alot at hand if I decide to do it. I havent really came up with a name for it. Its a shooter game with swords and gernades. I think it would be kool. I need a triggerer, terrianer, a person who can do AI, and a person who can balance items and heros well. I will be making the heros, hero selection maybe the items, and if I want to I'll work with the trigger and balancer to make nice custom skills. There is no skills to this game just guns, swords and gernades.

Who ever wants to do triggering has to do some of the following + anyother trigger we just might need XD (besides the hero selection, I got that under control. Inless you dont want multipul types of people then I'll need you help). You need to make a custom bullet system, Weight system, and a system so when you press 1 you get your gun 2 your sword 3 your gernade. You will also need to make movement A,S,D,W (A = left S = backwards D = left and W = Foward). You will also need to make a blocking system where if you get shot with your sword down and your hitting shift you wont take any damage. You need to make 2 types of attacks. Left click = normal attack (rapid click with sword = multipul attacks), and charged attack (if you hold shift you'll charge up) Right click = stab (if you have a knife out) , hitting them in the air and letting them fall. Both attacks knock people to ground. I know this is alot to ask for, you will be givin MAJOR props if you can help me out with that.

The terrianer will have to terrian the whole map. I want to have tons of different areas seperated by a thin black like space thing. Anyone can go to any arena they want from the begining. All I'm asking for is you to not use a a medium sized section in cornor and to seperate it by a black space. Yes you will be given MAJOR props too! I know how hard it is to terrian, I've tried it, never could do it.

Next the AI'er will need to make the computers play like they where an acctual person. Allow them to do things above like in the triggering. They will do more advanced things for a harder level. Obisualy you will be given major props because to be honest, I have no idea how to do that!

For the balacner you will have to make sure all the items and heros are balanced. I will make the items, I will make the prices at 1 so you can look over what they do and make sure they are balanced. As for the heros I will make them but I will put the stats to 1 and damage to 1/1. u will get major props too!

Everyone that gets major props (everyone that helps me out in the map) will get a hero they make (they decide on first or second style gun or sword) and decide on armor type, they will work with the balancer to make the character to work!) and the character they make, there account name will be put up as the heros "Proper" name. And (if someone would teach me) will all be put up in the quests. (I think its a trigger) Very hard work never goes to waste!

Edit: I alreadly have tons of models, a moving system, a first person system. Lots of work done for the triggerers
Edit2: I got the hero choosers started, I need people to help me so I can make the heros so I can finish the hero chooser, along with some triggers. Will continue on the hero chooser.. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43295
Edit3: Made a demo map.
Edit4: (Optional) We might also need a animator. We might need it incase I decide I want a shooting animation on some custom models or alreadly made ones
Edit5:
List of Participants and what they contribute
Modo: Terrianer, GUI Triggers, and Heros.
Buba Ek: Jasser
Joosh_5: Terrainer
YeaRight: Gui Triggerer

Attachments

• Shooter Demo.w3x
    372.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 8
A WADS system of movement is complicated. Arrow keys are easier to do. I don't think it is possible to capture the shift keypress. Mouse buttons (as far as I know) cannot work that way.

I cannot understand what you want done with the terrain, but I think it is easier than you make out.

If you can make a hero system than you should b able to make credits. Try reading some tutorials.

There doesn't appear to be much interest. try making a simpler demo map by yourself and post it so that people will know what they are working towards

Good luck with your map.

Level 7
A WADS system of movement is complicated. Arrow keys are easier to do. I don't think it is possible to capture the shift keypress.
Yeah I know so I did make it arrow key system. And who knows maybe poot can help us XD.

Mouse buttons (as far as I know) cannot work that way.
hmm maybe...I guess I could just do like a charge up system... where if you attack with one attack then you can attack with another. This would be complicated I know but if it comes down to it then yeah that's what we got to do. (and if I decide on skills) then I would have to make a spellbook thing...ugg this is going to be a huge project

I cannot understand what you want done with the terrain, but I think it is easier than you make out.
Yeah...That's why I put in the main post I'm still working on it...(i suck at terraining...but sense no one wanted to reply I figured I could just do the terrain for the hero chooser and be done with it...)

If you can make a hero system than you should b able to make credits. Try reading some tutorials.
What do you mean by "Credits?" (There's tons of different ways to show credits.) And yeah I know how to do a hero system.. It'll take me awhile for this game for the massive amount of heroes and a maxed number of players but I think I can do it. Oh and if someone wants to show me how to limit the triggers to one instead of 197 then that would be great if not then its OK I'm used to doing it separately (I can do it fast and efficiently)

There doesn't appear to be much interest. try making a simpler demo map by yourself and post it so that people will know what they are working towards

Good luck with your map.
Ugg... I guess I could try to make a simple version...Don't know where I'll start but ill try... And thanks..

Last edited:
Level 13
I got a brand new idea for a game. But I got alot at hand if I decide to do it. I havent really came up with a name for it. Its a shooter game with swords and gernades. I think it would be kool. I need a triggerer, terrianer, a person who can do AI, and a person who can balance items and heros well. I will be making the heros, hero selection maybe the items, and if I want to I'll work with the trigger and balancer to make nice custom skills. There is no skills to this game just guns, swords and gernades.
Who ever wants to do triggering has to do some of the following + anyother trigger we just might need XD (besides the hero selection, I got that under control. Inless you dont want multipul types of people then I'll need you help). You need to make a custom bullet system, Weight system, and a system so when you press 1 you get your gun 2 your sword 3 your gernade. You will also need to make movement A,S,D,W (A = left S = backwards D = left and W = Foward). You will also need to make a blocking system where if you get shot with your sword down and your hitting shift you wont take any damage. You need to make 2 types of attacks. Left click = normal attack (rapid click with sword = multipul attacks), and charged attack (if you hold shift you'll charge up) Right click = stab (if you have a knife out) , hitting them in the air and letting them fall. Both attacks knock people to ground. I know this is alot to ask for, you will be givin MAJOR props if you can help me out with that.
The terrianer will have to terrian the whole map. I want to have tons of different areas seperated by a thin black like space thing. Anyone can go to any arena they want from the begining. All I'm asking for is you to not use a a medium sized section in cornor and to seperate it by a black space. Yes you will be given MAJOR props too! I know how hard it is to terrian, I've tried it, never could do it.
Next the AI'er will need to make the computers play like they where an acctual person. Allow them to do things above like in the triggering. They will do more advanced things for a harder level. Obisualy you will be given major props because to be honest, I have no idea how to do that!
For the balacner you will have to make sure all the items and heros are balanced. I will make the items, I will make the prices at 1 so you can look over what they do and make sure they are balanced. As for the heros I will make them but I will put the stats to 1 and damage to 1/1. u will get major props too!
Everyone that gets major props (everyone that helps me out in the map) will get a hero they make (they decide on first or second style gun or sword) and decide on armor type, they will work with the balancer to make the character to work!) and the character they make, there account name will be put up as the heros "Proper" name. And (if someone would teach me) will all be put up in the quests. (I think its a trigger) Very hard work never goes to waste!

Edit: I alreadly have tons of models, a moving system, a first person system. Lots of work done for the triggerers
Edit2: I got the hero choosers done along with some triggers. Will continue on the hero chooser.. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43295

Please make that into paragraphs, its hard to read.

Level 7
Ok I think I'm done with the demo map. It should be ok. Just only differences with demo and one that should come out is a little problem with the range (didn't know how to make it so when you use a sword your range goes down to melee so in the demo your always ranged), the terrian will be MUCH better (i suck at terrianing), more heros, maybe some abilitys, more territorys, more weapons, a first person moving system, and a bullet system (didn't really want to put in so you all have unlimited ammo XD)..obisualy I didnt do all that or I'd just be making the original game. The demo can be found in the main post.

Level 8
The demo isn't too bad, but it is not as good as your avatar. I would like to help you but The New wc3 team may have some work to do soon (hopefully). I will help if I have time.

HINDYWhat, how do I use trackables? Its a JASS thing isn't it? I really should learn JASS.

Level 8
I looked up the trackables and I think it would be better to just wait for Reinventing the Craft(it already has mouse primitives)

I will help with this map, but I may not be reliable. I have recently taken on a few projects so, yeah. Tell me what type of terrain you want done, GUI triggers, heroes, etc. and I will do it.

Level 8
Hey Da)sniper, I haven't been working on thet map for ages. I had a map to finish and such. I keep trying to get back around to it but so far I have not been able to.

I still want to help, and at least fix the terrain that I have done. I have a Magic: The Gathering - Ravnica map to terrain as well for another team.

I think you should try to get x5.gearbox to assist you as he was going to do the same thing.

I plan to get the terrain for your map done by Tuesday. Sorry about the delay.

Level 6
well i c u PMed me about this. I had figured out mostly everything needed to make a FPS on WC. The only problem is I couldn't find many guns.

Unfortunately, my WC got all screwed up so i reinstalled it just about 10 minutes be4 I went on Hive! (no joke it was literally 10 minutes, now im so angry)
I completely forgot 2 grab my FPS map while i was deleting WC be4 i reinstalled it, so in short - I no longer have the FPS system.

I might have posted an older version on the hive along time ago, but it wouldn't be the finished simple version.

Ill try 2 find it and get back 2 u.

I used a system Modo was working on with my system so maybe I can re create it if i get the time and if its no already on the hive.

*****EDIT*****

Lmao, I remember people going against my idea because they all thought wc3 just won't look good as a fps.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41710&page=2

This was one of my original system but it isn't practical because ud have 2 do each angle, doin 4 took me a while, doing 360 well that
would take forever.

**********2nd Edit**********
ok well I think i found the most recent version that i posted so here it is, but it doesn't have the change in camera when u pick up a different gun, so when you do pick up a rocket launcher 4 example it gets cut off. The guns don't have a shooting system yet, just camera movement and switching ur guns properly.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41761&highlight=x5.gearbox&page=2

scroll down half way, there is also a plane system I found and it might help u.

If you go farther down the page I wrote down a link for a HALO system some1 made, but Craka_J didn't like it. I still think it would make the shooting perfect!

Anyways, if the system on that link is close 2 the latest version I made, it will probably help u a lot, and the HALO system can probably finish it!

***************3rd Edit****************

2 change weapons you must type "1" and then the weapon in slot one will be added. Soory this version is very old and is missing alot of things i didn't realize it but it will probabally advance ur work.

Last edited:
Level 7
OK, I've been doing some of the skills and I noticed something. I'm making a few spells that will be used and look horrible.... I also noticed we need a jasser BADLY!! So if anyone knows how to do jass well and needs something to do well then here it is. (or if you just want to help us out from the good of your heart :)
-Edit 1-
WOW the halo FP is PERFECT!!! Thats exactly what we need (along with a jasser of course)

Level 7
Bumped, Okay I think I'll make a story mode (just because I feel it'll be kool), Personally I'm horrible at story making if anyone wants to make another story I'll be glad to look it over.

You start off as a new student to the Institute of Guns (name is definitely up for new suggestions). There you can study Sniping, Marine 101 (same as institute), swordsman (yet again), and blacksmith. (More subjects are up for suggestions).

While in class you watch your teacher pick up the phone and casually talk on it. Your teachers starts to freak out a little. He/she starts to run around panicking. A big shadowed man walks in announcing, "Students please stay calm and quiet as you walk outside to attend some... Unfortunate circumstances.." Snipers team up with the master sniper in back, blacksmiths stay in, swordsmen in front, and Marines in middle. A big group of monsters where in the court yard. The school kills them with swiftness.

Everyone investigates the problem. No problems where spotted on the campus. There was a small problem in the corner of the city though. A small portal had opened up not a few hours ago. It was in an abandoned village, always on fire. The ground had dried up then burnt until it was a charcoal black. Small screams where heard all around in the buildings. When the patrol went in they had found a few worms and many burnt up corpses. They where scattered about with demons about. Completely on fire and always tried to eat something. Mainly the patrol. The patrol quickly got rid of them and went back to the laboratory to show the scientists the new findings.

They studied them for 5 days straight and found out that they had a very special talent, that could destroy or help the kingdom. They found out that the worms could study life forms and could copy them and become them one day. This had scared the whole kingdom for all of their worst enemies could be copied then used against the kingdom. They continued to study the worms to find a way they could use this to their advantage.

3 years has past sense that dreadful week. The scientists had been working on the "worms" ever sense. They had found a break through. The scientists think they found the specific parts to the worms that could copy and transform them into anything. With this new information they went to you to become their experiment. Sense you where the only one who would agree to doing it. They will inject some fluids into your body.

They teach you how to scan and how to transform when you're ready. They give you a trapped enemy for you to try and scan. You have a chance to miss, the enemy must be damaged, and they can't be above a certain level. Other than that you can scan any unit. With higher levels comes better percentage, higher levels to scan, and less damage you have to inflict on a unit.

You can either go out and look through the villages for some monsters or you can go through a training simulation that gives you an enemy for you to battle and scan. If you go through the training simulation though you get weaker monsters than the ones you can find.

There should be more but I really haven't worked on it yet. If anyone out there wants to help I need Ideas for quests, bosses, missions, and another part of a story line. And I need a mini game containing a lot of gates that make up squares XD. I think I have an Idea but not to sure.

Level 7
Bumped... We still need anyone and everyone that can help me and modo. Sense modo has alot of work to do its basically just me. Its okay but my computer sucks and will freeze after 5 minutes of being on WE so I definatly cant do this alone!

Level 5
I'm a good JASSer, I can do triggers. Also, I'm currently developing an efficieant JASS flight system(uses vJASS) which you could include to make it more interesting...

Level 3
It looks like your trying to remake GunZ Online in Warcraft 3 while slapping on a PvE storyline. Anyway, the WASD key movement probably won't work due to a couple reasons and, if you think arrow keys will work, they lag like hell on BNet.
By the way, you should try improving your terrain (take a couple tutorials and check out some terrains in the terrain section) because that would really help the game out.

Level 8
joosh_7, I know my terrain looks bad. If you want to fix it, ask Da)sniper if he will allow you. You have my permission to modify any of my terrain except my forest. It is my favourite. The rest were more of an outline for things that I never got around to finishing due to time constraints.

Level 7
Okay after losing my computer I came up with some ideas ;)

We could change the whole direction of this map and make it more realistic (but it would take A HUGE more amount of time due to the fact that the other way is alreadly started), or we could just stick with this way.

Make it so ladders would work
Make all new terian
Find or make a sniper system that doesn't make you're unit move.
Make a "drop shot (when you shoot from far, far away your bullet tends to drop before going to target) system
Make a throwing system with height and timing
Some skills
A customization section
The animations
Some models
+ more (I forgot the rest)

All the skills
The cloning
The cut scenes
The models
The animations

Now I need someone that can do MAJOR animations and/or MAJOR modeling.
I need help I can't do this with this many people. I think I need an army XD.

I think I'll go do some research and see what people would like to see in a map.

Hello, I see that you need an FPS system, well, I seem to have been working on one for the past couple of weeks. It is in GUI, and is in very early stages, but it works, and owns. The only thing is, right now I have it set up so that you shoot when you type f. Check it out, but it is protected because I dont know if I want to give it to you.
View attachment FPS System Gray_Stuff111.w3x

Level 7
Okay, I've made a poll and it seems everyone has decided the new idea. So I thought for a while and came up with almost exactly what we have to do for it. Some things may be added.

Shoot through walls
models
weapons
Attachments
rewards
challenges/quests
game modes(maybe)
tossing system
grenades
grenade launcher
gun turrets
bombs
cut scenes

Levels (terrianing aspect)
1) Run down t.v station, 3 story building with debree and random objects scattered about the rooms. Theres also a parking lot with a few abandoned cars parked.

2)A main street with a few old buildings placed on the side. Gun turrets where placed there after the area was abandoned just incase a war would break out.

3) A huge warehouse filled with tons of empty crates. One of them contain a huge bomb to blow up when the army was done saving one of their own.

Weapons:

M16A4 - A semi automatic-assault rifle.

M16A3 - Google Image Search

G36C - An automatic assault rifle.

G36C - Google Image Search

Ak-47 - An automatic assault rifle

ak-47 - Google Image Search

M4 Carbine(M4 for short) - Another automatic assault rifle.

m4 carbine - Google Image Search

G3- A single fire assault rifle.

G3 - Google Image Search

M14 - A single fire assault rifle

M14 - Google Image Search

MP44 - An automatic assault rifle

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=MP44&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

MP5 - A automatic sub machine gun.

MP5 - Google Image Search

Mini-Uzi - A seriously fast hand held sub machine gun

mini uzi - Google Image Search

Ak-74u - A automatic sub machine gun

ak-74u - Google Image Search

Barrett.50cal - Longest view in sniper rifle history. It's loud and very powerful. Semi-automatic sniper rifle

barrett.50cal - Google Image Search

PSG 1 - semi-automatic sniper rifle with less range then the barrett.

psg 1 - Google Image Search

RPG - A rocket launcher powerful enough to shoot through 7 tank armors with a single shot. (Can only have 1-3 bullets if used in game, and it can only be used as a reward)

RPG - Google Image Search

The weapons may be changed.
The website was NOT used for you to model them all. I did it so you'll know what they will look like in case I need the models and so that the person thats the balancer doesn't mix them up. All guns with the same description should have some type of difference. I'm not to sure what that difference is right now. I need help with that.

Game modes (if used):
Story mode

Versus mode (just an all out free for all)

Team versus (same as versuses but with 2 teams instead of free for all)

Challenge mode (Beat the game with in a time limit)

Terrorist mode (You are the terrorists and the computer is the army)

Team terrorist mode (you can eather be terrorists or the army. You play the story out with another group of people taking the place of the computer

Attack and defend (you and your team are eather attacking or defending. If you are attacking you have to place a bomb on a shipment and blow it up or kill the other team. The other team eather has to kill all of you or defuse the bomb. Attackers lose if the timer runs out

All game modes besides story mode is timed.

I'm up for suggestions for anything.

Level 7
yeah basically. I need alot more people though.

Oh and guys for me to keep up my end of the bargin with the characters and the skills for you guys I not also need to know what you guys want but I need to mix both the new and old ideas. It'll be hard but I know if we mix them a little we can have an even better game.

Okay, I'm taking and "unofficial poll." Basically I'm going to see what just you guys that read this think. We still need a name. You can eather make one up or choose one of these. They are latin and I think they all sound pretty cool. Destruptio/Eversio/Mors/Exstinctio Mundi or Humanitatis.

Last edited:
Worked on car system, tried to get grenades to work but they seriously messed up.
Whatever...

I'm done with it for right now, you guys can mess with it, it is unprotected this time.

You guys better credit me.
View attachment Sniper System.w3x
Edit: Put the triggers through leak check, I think it leaks somewhere and I cant find it. I would have already put it through but I cant run leak check because I am running vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.