• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help] Looking for an adviser to create a RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello, im looking for an adviser to create a RPG game cuz i really want to create one.

All my free time i just think about this cuz i really have a lot of ideas of videogames and i really want to be a game maker.

I dont care to much the game graphics.

At the moment i have head that UNITY is one the of the best options to create but i dont know nothing about it or if it works to create online games.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Can Unity be used to create a MMORPG?
Wikipedia has quite a list of games made using the Unity engine.
List of Unity games - Wikipedia

Some have multiplayer, but most appear to be single player. That said a brief look at the manual mentions that server based multiplayer is possible so in theory a MMORPG would be possible.

However nothing is ever simple with a MMORPG, especially when it comes to performance. One might need to write custom components and complex systems to handle it. For that reason it is generally not a good idea to start with a MMORPG, especially if you are new to game development and are not being backed by experienced programmers.

I would recommend starting with Diablo like multiplayer, where a few players (eg 8 or 16) can play together at a time. If that is working well then consider expanding to MMORPG levels later down the road or with your next project.

Level 21
Wikipedia has quite a list of games made using the Unity engine.
List of Unity games - Wikipedia

Some have multiplayer, but most appear to be single player. That said a brief look at the manual mentions that server based multiplayer is possible so in theory a MMORPG would be possible.

However nothing is ever simple with a MMORPG, especially when it comes to performance. One might need to write custom components and complex systems to handle it. For that reason it is generally not a good idea to start with a MMORPG, especially if you are new to game development and are not being backed by experienced programmers.

I would recommend starting with Diablo like multiplayer, where a few players (eg 8 or 16) can play together at a time. If that is working well then consider expanding to MMORPG levels later down the road or with your next project.
Well, thanks.

And do a u know a place where i can find programmers?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
And do a u know a place where i can find programmers?
It is unlikely any programmer with skill will be willing to work for free. There are many websites to help find paid programmers as well as hire their services.

If you are a small unfunded project it is often a good idea to do the programming ones self. If the project gets enough attention as it progresses other people with more programming experience may volunteer their services. With enough attention it might even be possible to secure funding to pay for development such as through crowd sourcing. However be aware that the video game industry is highly competitive so do not expect anything too life changing for your first project.

Status
Not open for further replies.