• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where can i recruit ppl for a non-wc3 project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello guys, I'm 99℅ sure that this isn't the correct place start this thread but I did it anyways :)

Guys, I know lots of u have knowledge about programming in other game making softwares, i'm looking for these ppl cuz I really want to start a new one, I have an idea that doesn't exist in another games as know, I can't talk about the game idea here cuz I feel that it can just be stolen cuz its very original.

PvP game, battlefield, medieval, swords-bows-staves, rpg, quick-moves, stats-care, non-useless-stuff, PROS-n-CONS
Hard keyboard skills combined with RPG gameplay

PS - If r not interested but u know another good place for recruit ppl pls tell me.

Thanks

A word og advice when it comes to the creative industries, and especially game creation. This may sound negative, but is just how it is.

Ideas aren't important, everyone has them. Being able to implement the ideas is what is important. The 'this idea is so great it will earn millions' idea is a myth.

There is two ways you can make someone implement your idea, the easiest is to pay them wages, the harder is convince them the idea is really good and give them equal share. And equal share is pretty damn bad if you aren't contributing with anything but an idea yourself. Creating games is really really hard works.

So if you want to recruit someone, your best bet is to hire them and pay them wages.

Here is a great article I found
Now Hiring: Idea Guy - Adventure Quest 3D, Cross Platform MMORPG

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Creating games is really really hard works.
Depends if he wants to make a 2D Android game with pre-existing engine or desktop game with scratch-made engine with 3D graphics, networking, physics, AI, etc.

In any case, I'd encourage you to work for someone else for a guaranteed wage, maybe, if possible, buying shares of that company if you think the product is going to dominate the market.

If you absolutely want to make a software product on your own, consider a product you can deploy under SaaS model. Users won't have to install anything, instantaneous updates, you'd rely on well-tested libraries and server software, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.