• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can I use resources here for non-blizzard projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi. Just wanna know if I can use resources (specifically the icons) found here for non-Blizzard game projects? Of course proper credits will be attributed.

PS. I'm also interested to know what under what license are the files uploaded here released. Tnx in advance

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
We don't have any formal licenses. We probably should :S. People put out things to use in Wc3 projects, I guess that is kind of the license. What you have to make sure is that it is scratch made. Otherwise Blizzard can come after you. It's also a good idea to actually ask the author.

Level 1
Thanks :) I guess I'll have to stick to asking permissions from the authors. I guess the icons are safe to use because it is mentioned in the submission rules that icons should be made from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.