• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for an adept and creative coder for alliance system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I'm in desperate need of an alliance system for a wc3 map.

However, I'm not looking for a bare-bones alliance system that is easily abuseable and severely flawed.

There are several features that the alliance system I'm looking for has to have:

-Under this alliance system, the formation of an alliance can only take place when both players have agreed to the alliance. This means this alliance system cannot allow for unilateral alliances, in which player A is allied to player B, but player B is not allied to player A. Both players have to remain hostile to each other until both have agreed to an alliance, at which point, both become friendly to each other simultaneously.

-Under this alliance system, there would be a limit of one alliance per game for each player. Each player would be limited to only one alliance. Each player would also have the power to dissolve this alliance. However, upon dissolving an alliance, the player would not be able to go on to form a second alliance. Of course, the act of dissolving an alliance must be able to be done unilaterally, unlike the formation of an alliance.

I need this done for all 12 players, but if this can be done in GUI, then a person could just do it for 2 players, and then I could just finish it by replicating the process for the other 10 players.

If it has to be in JASS, then I would probably need it done for all 12 players, unless you can leave very good instructions on how to replicate the process for the other 10 players.

Preferably alliances would be triggered using the usual chat commands of "-ally (color)", but like I said before, the system would have to keep track of these alliance requests and only form an alliance when 2 players have mutually agreed upon forming it.

Hopefully this request tickles someone's fancy,

Thanks, and feel free to ask any questions~

Level 16
I am up for this :D

This seems like a fun challenge. However I need to delay this a bit till about mid-July as I am having an upcoming exam. It will be in JASS but GUI'ers will have no problem working with it.

Feel free to ponder over my offer and investigate my background, if you feel like it.

Level 4
Well it looks like you have made some complicated systems in the past.

I'll gladly take you up on your offer.

If you need any clarification on the system's requirements, feel free to ask.

And mid-july is fine, although it is a month away and things could be forgotten by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.