• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Longsword of Marr

Glowing sword wielded by Lord Mithaniel Marr himself, the God of Valor.
{Made particles brighter, removed unused materials
{The particle effect now works properly as intended. Also brightened parts of the emitters

Keywords:
Mithaniel, Marr, longsword, sword, blade, omgwtfbbq
Contents

Longsword of Marr (Model)

Reviews
18:19, 14th Mar 2010 DonDustin: looks really interesting

M

18:19, 14th Mar 2010
DonDustin: looks really interesting

Level 12
Unfortunately, the particle emitter is not the way it should be. It should follow the blade instead of leaving a trail, but upon doing that the particle emitter gets screwed up in game. Thus, I have no choice. If anyone has and suggestions on how that could be done please, fire away!

Level 11
Did you set length and width? That should make the emitter go over the entire blade.
Also magos screws em up, so in game width and length will be mixed. so after your happy with how particles work, just change width number with length number, and other way around, save, and it will be good ingame.
15 emitters will get this rejected you know...
Also, handle is kinda to thin. Make it a bit wider. Good idea, needs work overall.

Level 12
Actually, 15 emitters is the only way possible to create the effect that it has. 15 emitters is not bad either, the file size is only 11.73. trust me i spent 2 days working on the emitter, this is the only way. Using length/width gives the emitter a choppy effect as mine here has a smooth pulsating type effect. If rejected for emitters thats fine ill keep it to myself.

Last edited:
Level 19
15 emitters will get this rejected you know...
I think it is fine
there never are more then 4x particles at once and the file size is still good (though he could give them (the particle emitters) a better name and move them all in one row (click on it and then click "move left/right" in order to move it down the tree) )

and the idea he had before (with a single emitter going up and down) would look bad as soon as the sword would start moving so I think this is the best solution

and cause I think new ideas should always be honored I vote 5/5 :thumbs_up:

Level 48
The particle emitters on this model are truly splendid - the way the yellow glow moves on the blade is unique and looks beautiful. Only the texture choice could have been a little better, as those textures are definitely overused and are getting a little boring after a while. The crystal effect you applied doesn't works too well, in my opinion, because the crystal layer on the blade is barely noticeable and it just adds up to the polycount, but it shouldn't be much of a problem since the polycount is so low. One thing I dislike about the design of the sword is the two "holders"(I honestly don't know how those are called), the ones near the handle. I dislike the texture on them and I don't like how they are curved like that, makes it look strange.

Level 12
The texture for the emtters was the only one I thought that fit, plus I think it looks best. And also the crystal layer does add a bit of a difference to the appearance when it is there, just compliments the emitters basically.