• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LoL brush or tall grassy terrain system for W3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
for those who already have played League of legends, you can skip reading this article http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Brush

im trying to request the same system for warcraft wherein if the hero goes to a certain region it will have the same effect as for the champion entering a brush or tall grassy terrain in LoL.

Level 9
you forgot to add this.

1. unit becomes invisible when inside the region
2. unit becomes visible for a short amount of time when attacking/casting
3. unit becomes visible to enemies that are also inside the same region
4. adds a transparent effect on unit

Edit: actually, the system is what im requesting but i'll use the model and animation too :)

Level 12
you forgot to add this.

1. unit becomes invisible when inside the region
2. unit becomes visible for a short amount of time when attacking/casting
3. unit becomes visible to enemies that are also inside the same region
4. adds a transparent effect on unit

Edit: actually, the system is what im requesting but i'll use the model and animation too :)

oh lol.

Don't forget to credit JesusHipster. :)

Last edited:
Level 9
are you going to finish the request?

btw, how come that you are the one who is always helping me? i feel bad about not being able to give rep.

Level 9
anyway. do you have time for large scale request?

since i have another problem in my map wherein there are tree models but not categories as trees in object editor. i want to change them but i want it exactly how it look like before. i know this is off the topic but if your interested, send me a pm. :)

Level 25
It's interesting so I might look into it... but I have quite a lot to do.

Every area of brush should have its own region, which means that for angled/curved pieces you need to use multiple regions.

The idea is that you use GetLocalPlayer() and Unit - Show/hide unit to show/hide units in brush for the enemy team.

The way the system in LoL works is that while you are anywhere in brush, you are invisible, but the moment an enemy enters the same brush, you can see each other.

Level 12
It's interesting so I might look into it... but I have quite a lot to do.

Every area of brush should have its own region, which means that for angled/curved pieces you need to use multiple regions.

The idea is that you use GetLocalPlayer() and Unit - Show/hide unit to show/hide units in brush for the enemy team.

The way the system in LoL works is that while you are anywhere in brush, you are invisible, but the moment an enemy enters the same brush, you can see each other.

looks like it will cause desync :/

Level 25
but the hidden unit would interact each other, wouldn't it ?

Damn, I did a quick test and it looks like you're right.

They desync the moment a hidden unit is issued an order.

EDIT: I've got some success by setting a unit's size to 0.
  • test
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
      • Animation - Change Paladin 0002 <gen>'s size to (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) of its original size
      • Custom script: endif
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(1) then
      • Animation - Change Paladin 0001 <gen>'s size to (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) of its original size
      • Custom script: endif
Now I just need to figure out how to hide the shadow, health bar and drag-selectability.

EDIT2: Maybe you should just have a dummy Sorceress cast Invisibility.

There are two detection types: invisible and burrowed. We can use burrowed for the tall grass, and change true sight to not reveal burrowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.