• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loka Labyrinth - A Hero Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hullo Hullo!

I started working on this map when i got an idea about a game where the level advantage of your hero wouldnt matter so much. I figured i wanted something like the "Ninja vs. Samurai"-style where your hero dies in just a few hits from another hero. Basically, this is just a "for-fun"-map, supposed to take round 20 minutes to play.

Heres the short description i have used on the loading screen:
Fight until the sun rises, as the host chooses the finishing mode; man Alive or Kill the boss.

All 8 players get 1 hero each. Everyone has the same hero and skills.The damage is great compared to the hp you have, so you die in 2 hits normally. So be quick to react, and remember to use items and especially the avoid ability, hotkey v. Keep killing all the others using your skills and the cool items that spawn every time you use an item.

Sounds easy as a cake, dont you think? Do not take this as a big project, afterall, simple games can be awfully funny to play aswell.

I just recommend you to open it up, test it (with a couple of friends or on bnet would be very appreciated) and then leave some comments to me. THE MAP IS NOT PROTECTED! I trust you to not do anything "stupid" :)

Instead of writing a mile-long text of what i think about the map i will just let you start the discussion if you want to. Heres a few things I will point out for you to think about when you test it:

- Map (the labyrinth and environment)
- The Game itself (story and how the game is played)
- The Hero
- Units
- Items
- Triggers and variables (might be a mess...)
- Balancing all this...

... And everything else you might notice. Of course feel free to say exactly what you think about the map, as long as you think it will help me in some way. But most important is of course that you should have fun playing this.

Enjoy! (or maybe not)

Attachments

• Loka Labyrinth.w3x
    177 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.