• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Locust auto cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
EpixBelongToMe said:
make a trigger like this

event
a unit is being attacked

condition
attacking unit is equal to (your unit)

action
order attacking unit to crypt lord - locust swarm

Um... wouldn't that be

event
a unit is being attacked

condition
attacked unit is equal to (your unit)

action
order attacked unit to crypt lord - locust swarm

Level 27
Yay for not reading!
But yeah, a locust theoretically COULD use an autocast, but I don't believe there is a way to turn the autocast on... I think...
My suggestion:
Events
A unit is attacked
Conditions
Attacking unit-type equal to locust
Actions
Order Locust to Undead Obsidian Destroyer - Orb of Annihilation Triggering unit

That was just an example, you can also use fire arrows or w.e, the other good thing about this is you can make it use just about any spell.
--donut3.5--

Level 27
PurplePoot said:
As far as people can tell, yes

Why not, though? Triggers arent radioactive, poisonous, or anything else :D. I personnally prefer them in alot of cases as opposed to modifying a ton of Object data and then advertising "Trigger Free"
Actually one time, a trigger did bite me. Turns out it was radioactive purplepoot, and I became a giant talking donut.
:p
--donut3.5--

Level 1
For the record, the reason why the autocast isnt working is probably because of the nature of auto cast spells, they are basically triggers inside spells, without the triggers... sortof.

For example, Inner Fire is only auto cast when a nearby allied unit is attacked, raise is cast when a corpse comes within range, fire arrows (and all similar on attack auto casts) occur only when the unit attacks (duh), etc. So if you're locust unit has a spell set to auto cast, and its a spell that only triggers the auto cast when its attacked... its never gonna happen. So you might be better off using triggers, and if you have a look at a tutorial or two, you should be able to do it just fine, and very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.