• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locust and Windwalk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi there, I have a hero with both the skills "Locust Swarm" and Windwalk. Both work fine but in testing I realised it's possible for thr hero to Cast Locust Swarm then Windwalk, and the Locusts still attack enemy units even though the hero is invisible!

Is is posing obvious balance issues, how can I make it so the locust spell stops when the hero beginsg casting windwalk?

Level 4
then make a simple gui trigger that when a unit casts wind walk, kill all locusts for the player

Level 4
the problem is you cant do "pick every unit in unit group" for units with the locust ability, it just won't work as i previously found out, so i am lost as to how to select the units in order to disable them :s

View attachment locustwindwalk.w3x

are you okay with letting all the locusts come out at the same time? theres a more efficient way to solve this problem, but it requires more work

Level 31
Set Reincarnation ability to very fast reviving.
Make Windwalk(2) same as Windwalk.

Event:
A unit begins the effect of ability
Condition:
Ability being cast equal to Windwalk
Actions:
Turn off this Trigger
Add Reincarnation to Trigger Unit
Kill Triggering unit
Wait 0.1 Second
Remove Reincarnation from Triggering Unit
Select Triggering Unit
Add Windwalk(2) to Triggering Unit
Order Triggering Unit to cast Windwalk
Remove Windwalk(2) From Triggering unit
Add Windwalk to Triggering Unit
Turn this trigger on

Woah, this is one big mess, probably won't work but try.

Level 33
Although this is hard-coded, it can be either positive or negative thing, like in DotA or any other AoS/Hero-Arena Map, this is considered as advantage to that unit having these kind of ability while on the other hand, people would consider this as bug/negative because the Player don't know what hit them.

Well, Name_n trigger is not MUI but I guess in your map, you can only control 1 of this unit at a time per player eh ?

Level 7
Defskull I had considering leaving it ingame and letting the victim player caste reveal but it seems very op, if player is noob or does have the relevant upgrades to counter with reveal and could loose an entire army before he's able to counter.

Whitedeath, the ability works very different to loctust, its a perma active ability so its not an ultimate spell, player can just re-activate when he finishes windwalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.