• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locked Target Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

in my map i have some triggered spells which has as target an area.
Sometimes after clicking on the ability icon the target area is locked. I move my mouse but nothing happens. Its just locked on a position close to the hero. I just can press ESC to cancel it.
Any idea why this happens?

Reg.

Level 13
You can download my map "Forsaken Bastion's Fall" here on hive but it's protected. Since it's an open source project you can download it on github.

Referring to your questions... It happens randomly and it only applies to spells with an area as target, no point or unit! Sometimes i play 1h and nothing happens...

The last time i had it with the hero "Dread Lord" and his ability "Vampire Blood", which can be found in "src/Heroes/DreadLord". I don't think it's a problem with the spell itself. I think it's a wc3 bug OR one of my libraries causing the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.