• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Loading Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
How to reduce it to not incarase other parts of loading?

I mean for example if I remove most of placed units on the map and place them via triggers it saves me time at loading those units but wastes for loading triggers...

How to really reduce it?

(Widgetizer doesn`t want to help much)

Last edited:
Level 18
Well, except for the units, try loading the Map Initialization values on e.g. Elapsed time is 5.00 seconds instead. Well, how big your loading time is?
I`ve already tried this and it haven`t helped much. It looks like all the triggers are loaded first then the map initialization trigger is run. It`s just what I think but I may be wrong and anyway it didn`t help.

The loading time is like 40+seconds for my PC.

Level 8
i also tried loading Map Initialization values on elapses time, even made something like Elapse time is 1s, load this, 2s load that.. it didn't help at the start of the game. really stopped my screen for like 5 minutes. i think doodads or destructibles have some effects on loading time. *just noticed when playing a map with less doodads loading quickly than maps with more of them*

Status
Not open for further replies.