• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Loading Multiple Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Was wondering if anyone had some information on changing maps instantly while in game. A good example of this is the FT orc campaign, where a different map loads when Rexxar enters a cave. I know my triggers well, but struggle with hashtables and saving/loading codes. I want to be able to enter a region on one map and have the game immediately enter a loading screen to jump to another map, transferring my hero. I want to be able to do this without going back to the campaign menu everytime I load a new map. I also want to return to previous maps in the same fashion. Like I said, any advice is appreciated, WC3 might be outdated, but still fun to make custom maps!

Level 25
I think what he means is that there is no score screen like when you end up a normal melee map.

In TFT orc campaign it's like this: Durotar -> other maps (echo isles, mine, canyon, etc.) and no score screen is shown when changing to these maps.
Other campaigns: You end one map -> score screen -> next map

Level 3
Ahh so it's that easy ehh? Thanks fellas! Now how do I transfer my hero across the maps? Along with all other jass-related equipment systems and what-not? If I assign the hero to a variable, could I use the hashtable to save/load him to the other map?

Last edited:
Level 25
Ahh so it's that easy ehh? Thanks fellas! Now how do I transfer my hero across the maps? Along with all other jass-related equipment systems and what-not? If I assign the hero to a variable, could I use the hashtable to save/load him to the other map?
That's what Game Cache is for - it can save units, reals, integers and booleans, but probably all code (every trigger) will have to be copied manually from map to map beforehand.

Look in the "Game Cache" list in the trigger action menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.