• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

loading characters help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys, i just couldnt find any help for my question anywhere not sure if i misphrased it or something but ill try to explain my problem, I'm making a rpg,simple one, nothing to complacated, im not that good with the world editor, only thing thats driving me nutz is my loading system, it works fine and everything but only problem whenever i load my character for example ill load up my mage level 25,like -load xxxx-xxxx so on, then he appears on the battle field,but if i retype it again(-load code) i can load in a lot of characters 25 level mages, people would probabaly cheat the map if i left it like that, How is it possible for me to set it, so itll just load 1 character only or use load code only 1 time per player only. My character selection system is, I just move a wisp towards any of the 10 characters, then it appears. Sorry wasnt sure where to post my question at.

Level 5
you must using someone else save load system aren't u? thats why you dont know whats goin on with it,, try to ask the owner to help you or.. edit in triggers..for example
make a variable integer string, name it LoadOne for EX..when peoples type load then set it in the actions something likes,, set LoadOne = alreadyPicked True
and make it when someone repick then set it to False
this is an example,, well if you want you can send the map to me [email protected] ..i'll help fix it for you because i dont know what kind of save load system ya using or else try to play wit triggers more. thats up to u bro.

Level 5
jameslk said:
Just set the maximum number of hero for each player to 1. You can do this using triggers.

its save load system dude,, its not mellee game or buying units ,,this is creating and storin units from via triggers read the question carefully !

Level 2
I got very confused with the last guys post, I am using someone else's save code thing,i never seem to find them online to ask them. Im not to smart at using world editor, love to make maps just for fun, Ty ty randym4a1 hopefully i can make some sense of whatca just posted and use it in my editor. I really really want to finish my map, its prety good so far.Only downside didnt like was loading up a ton of chars, some of my friends kept doing that. Guess ill try this out randy, thx for the help. Ill probabaly be back in the forums again.

Level 2
oh ya forgot, everything works fine on my save and load. just the loading thing is bothersome when people try to type -load a ton of times. All i type is -save and -load xxxx, and so on.

Level 2
hey randy could u please help again if you read this, i forgot to mention my map is only a 1 time thing, can't repick heros,whichever hero you choose , thats yours. so prety much all im trying to do it set limit of -load ing code to 1 time of use, not sure how people do that. Like for example on night of the dead 1beta, how they have those load codes, they only give you 2 trys to get the code right then it turns off. im trying to do that, but 1 time only. Please explain how if possible, or a way to do that, randy tyty.

Level 5
so there is no repickin in your map right ? and you only allow peoples to load 1 time only ? as i told you last post make a variable set loading + 1 when peoples type load, ok here some of example hope you understand, ok for EX make a variable name it to HasLoaded , variable type is Bolean, check mark on array, size 12 << ( how many players in your map? ) if it 10 then put 10 in the size field if 8 then put 8, click OK then your done with variable,
to go save load triggers in the loading triggers where players -load put this in the actions section remember on top the everything in the actions field,

Set hasloaded[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
hasloaded[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
Then - Actions
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 2.00 seconds the text: (put your msg in this field).
Skip remaining actions
Else - Actions
Do nothing

there you go when players type -load the Hasloaded will set to that loadin player to true, then he can only load 1 time, also this the important part of the trigger , at the Then - Actions blow the game - display text, you must make action (Skip Remaining Actions) cause this action will skip the loadin for those whoever loaded, cause the Hasloaded on top of it will checks, if you dont put this in,, its useless for the Hasloaded varieble,, anything you dont understand just post, this is very eazy one.

Level 2
awesome ty so much randy, whoohoo now ijust have to go put this together now. i just tryed it, said i already loaded,but i havnt loaded anything, i did exactly how you posted it, i just sent ya the map. Its probably me not typeing it right.

Level 7
evilkanoobie said:
awesome ty so much randy, whoohoo now ijust have to go put this together now. i just tryed it, said i already loaded,but i havnt loaded anything, i did exactly how you posted it, i just sent ya the map. Its probably me not typeing it right.

uh put the set below the if-then statement or else it sets the boolean to true and then checks it, in which case its ALWAYS true no matter what

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
hasloaded[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
Then - Actions
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 2.00 seconds the text: (put your msg in this field).
Skip remaining actions
Else - Actions
Set hasloaded[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True

Level 2
doh i tryed both ways, gives me the same result,says i already loaded my guy when i havnt loaded anything.Whenever i type in the load command, says i already loaded.

Level 2
Are there any examples of rpgs on this server of maps, that are open, so i can see how they did there triggers, i looked at ff open rpg, looks very complacated.

Level 5
because you are using Elil's save load system.. that system like you select a unit before save,,you must change it,,or send the map to me,ill work it out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.