• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little Help Here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Yeah as Kukeiko said use a mana restoration ability and set it so that it is a hero ability then just add the ability to the spell

Level 19
  • Trigger Name
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <AbilityName>
    • Actions
      • Set ManaRestorePercent = (Real(((Level of <AbilityName> for (Triggering unit)) x 5)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Max mana of (Triggering unit))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ManaRestorePercent%
        • Else - Actions
Ok, in this way, each level of the ability increases percent of mana restore by 5%.
So, level 1 = 5%, level 2 = 10%, level 3 = 15% and so on.

Level 16
  • Trigger Name
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <AbilityName>
    • Actions
      • Set ManaRestorePercent = (Real(((Level of <AbilityName> for (Triggering unit)) x 5)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Max mana of (Triggering unit))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ManaRestorePercent%
        • Else - Actions
Ok, in this way, each level of the ability increases percent of mana restore by 5%.
So, level 1 = 5%, level 2 = 10%, level 3 = 15% and so on.

That is set the mana to the unit...sry if double post...

Level 9
I don't have the World Editor open so it should be something like this..
  • Active Critical
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) is equal to <Ability Name>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) cause Damage to (Target unit of ability being cast) equal to (((Triggering Unit)'s Base Damage) x 2)
Can't know for sure, sorry I'm in a library so can't open the World Editor.:sad:

PS: It would be much better for users that search the forums to give a title related to the problem.
E.G. The current title should be - Ability Restoring Mana by % -

Level 16
I don't have the World Editor open so it should be something like this..
  • Active Critical
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) is equal to <Ability Name>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) cause Damage to (Target unit of ability being cast) equal to (((Triggering Unit)'s Base Damage) x 2)
Can't know for sure, sorry I'm in a library so can't open the World Editor.:sad:

PS: It would be much better for users that search the forums to give a title related to the problem.
E.G. The current title should be - Ability Restoring Mana by % -

Thanks for that trigger!
I will create another thread for the mana restore!

Level 9
Thanks for that trigger!
I will create another thread for the mana restore!
- Actually you already got your answer, so there was no need to do that.:con:

I'm pretty sure no function exists that gives the base damage of a unit.
However, I would love to be wrong about this because that would be a very useful function.

- You are correct (Unfortunately), there is NO such function! I'm sorry, but as I mentioned before I wasn't able to access World Editor.

- I have a rather complicated idea, but I need more info about the map. Is it a One - Hero Map, or what? And on what will the trigger apply to? (E.G. a couple of units, mass units, heroes, something else)

{EDIT}
I just found a similar post: Way to Check Damage?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.