• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Lithuanian Wonder Trakai-Castle (AoE2)

So here it is, in this post I'm uploading a model i delayed for a long time. It's the Trakai Castle, The Lithuanian Wonder in Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition.
EIez1W_XYAEhJff.jpg

Trakai-castle-Lithuania.jpg
wc3scrnshot_052424_121950_01-1-png.474444
Im attaching the 10x10PathTexture
Contents

Lithuanian Wonder Trakai-Castle (AoE2) (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A wonderful work of a large building, could be used as a university. Works in-game. Approved!
Interesting take.
But there's some issues with the model and Wc3 standards.
☼ The stand work has its gate opened not instantly, which when looped is very awkward, it looks very faulty & cheap (NEVER have snappy animations ANYWHERE !!!)
☼ The death animation could benefit from more juice, effect, punch and speed
☼ The model is very big itself, so we would need to rescale it in game which will make special effects also smaller
☼ A destroyed crater would be a plus
☼ The decay could be replaced by AoE-like rubble of your liking.
☼ You may team color the roof tiles too as an alternate model, you call

But it is very fine as a passive building or decoration. Keep it up !

Level 19
Interesting take.
But there's some issues with the model and Wc3 standards.
☼ The stand work has its gate opened not instantly, which when looped is very awkward, it looks very faulty & cheap (NEVER have snappy animations ANYWHERE !!!)
☼ The death animation could benefit from more juice, effect, punch and speed
☼ The model is very big itself, so we would need to rescale it in game which will make special effects also smaller
☼ A destroyed crater would be a plus
☼ The decay could be replaced by AoE-like rubble of your liking.
☼ You may team color the roof tiles too as an alternate model, you call

But it is very fine as a passive building or decoration. Keep it up !
Stand work animation isnt meant to loop, it's just a single animation once finished the gate stays opened while the building keeps "working". The only thing that loops is the windows which are two geosets, first one is visible at all animations, the second one is always blinking using a global animation but it's modified to be only visible during working animations.

There's an option in object editor to avoid special effects being scaled.

I apreciate the other suggestions you give me btw.

Last edited: