• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Beta Burgundian Castle (AoE2)

Beta Burgundian Castle
(AoE2)
1719250906510-png.476655
So This is a Beta Castle from the game that never was released, i tried to mimic the best i could from a Random Image i found somewhere, i think it's cool so here it is, enjoy it!
1h83e37hz8j71-png.474345
wc3scrnshot_052424_121950_01-png.474343

1719251014649-png.476656

Soon ill make the Definitive Edition Burgundian Castle.

Btw here im adding a TexturePath for this structure:
-BetaBurgundianCastlePath

• 24/06/24:
    • Polygons reduced from 7447 to 4255
    • Added a new smaller sized versión.
Contents

Beta Burgundian Castle (AoE2) (Model)

BetaBurgundianCastleSmallFanVersion.mdx (Model)

Reviews
Em!
Em!
Changes made, resource approved.

Em!

Em!

Model Reviewer
Level 29
I recently looked into high poly models in SD maps, and while there are no hard limits, the unnecessary amount of polygons is a cause of concern (its in the rules). I believe this model can be accomplished with a lot less polygons. Please reduce the number to around 4k.

Level 19
I recently looked into high poly models in SD maps, and while there are no hard limits, the unnecessary amount of polygons is a cause of concern (its in the rules). I believe this model can be accomplished with a lot less polygons. Please reduce the number to around 4k.
Well, i tried my best and reduced the polygons to 4200.
  • 24/06/24:
    • Polygons reduced from 7447 to 4255
    • Added a new smaller sized versión.

A decent recreation of a castle, a good wrapping and details 👍
A few things I'd pay attention to: the chains which are almost invisible are lost against the background of the light walls of the castle (there are plenty chain textures so maybe darker variations might fit better?); also there is a sudden shutting of the gate during the 'Stand Work' sequence, looks quite abrupt to my mind; the 'Death' sequence is very smooth and good-looking, though, in the end, there's a tower still staying above the ground which suddenly dissapears at the start of the 'Decay'.
Great job overall!

Last edited: