• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

list item value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hey guys

im just wondering if it is possible to read out a list item value?
i just found a function that returns the entry number of the list item. but i need the TEXT of the list item, not the number =/

background: i have a questlog window, in the upper part there is a listbox with all the quest-names in it. when u select a quest in the downer part should appear the quest description. but i need the name of the quest to know which quest description i have to display in the lower part, i cant do anything with the entry number because i dont know which quest stands at which number, because every player can for sure accept the quests like he wants.

my plan was this (pseudocode)

e: any player selects any item from listbox
c: -
a:
for each int from 1 to 100 do
if listboxitem(int).value = questname(int) then
change text of "quest description" to questdescription(int) for triggering player
else
-

questname and questdescription are text variable arrays with size 100. in this variables the quest name and description are saved. i hope you understand my idea^^

Status
Not open for further replies.